Media Day coverage??

1 hour ago, Toe said:

You forgot "and some people will s#!t on him for saying literally anything at all." <_<

2 hours ago, hskrfan4life said:

I don't think he's said something stupid today

True; from the sound of it, he apparently said all the right things today. 

9 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

True; from the sound of it, he apparently said all the right things today. 

I think he is learning.  I remind myself we did not get a seasoned and experienced HC.  We got a dude with 2 years HC experience at a G5 school.  I hope it starts showing up on the field.

Omar Manning locked in…

im not even going to waste my time in comparing this to statements made last year but I have a feeling they were similar. 
I don’t mind coaches and their minimalist bullsh*t but honestly does anyone know why a persons expectations of this player should be any different than last year? Lots of rumor and speculation but any facts? 

also enjoyed trev’s comments and realistic views. 

13 hours ago, pubes said:

Omar Manning locked in…

im not even going to waste my time in comparing this to statements made last year but I have a feeling they were similar. 
I don’t mind coaches and their minimalist bullsh*t but honestly does anyone know why a persons expectations of this player should be any different than last year? Lots of rumor and speculation but any facts? 

also enjoyed trev’s comments and realistic views. 

They really weren't. It was a lot more "Omar needs to keep working, needs to be on the practice field and he'll be really good." I won't blame anyone for not buying the hype after last year, but they are saying very different things. A lot of the fan excitement (myself included) was from jumping on the "looks like an NFL guy" type of comments and ignoring the comments saying he wasn't getting a lot of practice reps and needed to catch up. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 3

12 hours ago, pubes said:

No "facts" that I'm aware of, to your point.

What I just hope is that Omar is suited up and is on the field for the first few games. Seems like if he can just catch a couple passes that'll help lock him in.

I have no expectations of him being some kind of total gamechanger - I just want him out on the field.

https://saturdaytradition.com/minnesota-football/minnesota-players-fans-take-exception-to-scott-frosts-disparaging-comments-about-sloganeering/

"Minnesota players, fans take exception to Scott Frost's disparaging comments about 'Sloganeering'"

“I’m not into sloganeering. If the players need me to motivate them all the time or come up with a unique slogan to play harder, I probably don’t have the right players. I played for a coach at Nebraska in Coach Osborne … He didn’t need all the sayings and slogans. He just taught us the right way to do things, and we went to work. That’s what we need in our program.”

12 minutes ago, Fru said:

https://saturdaytradition.com/minnesota-football/minnesota-players-fans-take-exception-to-scott-frosts-disparaging-comments-about-sloganeering/

"Minnesota players, fans take exception to Scott Frost's disparaging comments about 'Sloganeering'"

“I’m not into sloganeering. If the players need me to motivate them all the time or come up with a unique slogan to play harder, I probably don’t have the right players. I played for a coach at Nebraska in Coach Osborne … He didn’t need all the sayings and slogans. He just taught us the right way to do things, and we went to work. That’s what we need in our program.”

Of course they do. 

Just a couple thoughts on the "sloganeering" comment.

First off, this is classic offseason stuff; it's a total nothingburger but people will make a big deal of it because there's no football to talk about. I'm doing it too.   :)   There'll be much less of this kind of stuff five weeks from now.

To Scott's comments about how Osborne didn't have sayings & slogans and "taught us the right way to do things": Hard to argue though that Osborne wasn't a great motivator. I think it's incorrect to say that he didn't motivate in his own "man of few words" sort of way. But Scott is right of course that he didn't use slogans or any of that kind of thing obviously.

Basically my point there is, I do hope that Scott understands where he can possibly take a better role as a motivator in his own way because I'm kind of thinking we need a bit more of that. I don't want the PJ Fleck route, that's not what I'm saying...but hopefully Scott sees the same disconnect that Alberts sees of how nobody - the players included - really give a s*** that Nebraska used to be great.

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, Undone said:

Just a couple thoughts on the "sloganeering" comment.

First off, this is classic offseason stuff; it's a total nothingburger but people will make a big deal of it because there's no football to talk about. I'm doing it too.   :)   There'll be much less of this kind of stuff five weeks from now.

To Scott's comments about how Osborne didn't have sayings & slogans and "taught us the right way to do things": Hard to argue though that Osborne wasn't a great motivator. I think it's incorrect to say that he didn't motivate in his own "man of few words" sort of way. But Scott is right of course that he didn't use slogans or any of that kind of thing obviously.

Basically my point there is, I do hope that Scott understands where he can possibly take a better role as a motivator in his own way because I'm kind of thinking we need a bit more of that. I don't want the PJ Fleck route, that's not what I'm saying...but hopefully Scott sees the same disconnect that Alberts sees of how nobody - the players included - really give a s*** that Nebraska used to be great.

Ummm….might want to look at “unfinished business” after the 1993 season.  

• Thanks 1