Media Day coverage??

2 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Was that Osborne, or the players that spearheaded that?

This. Fleck is so into his RTB s#!t that he's got trademarks or patents or some s#!t. Probably has it tattooed on his a$$ too 

5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Ummm….might want to look at “unfinished business” after the 1993 season.

Yeah I did kind of think of some of those things also.

What I'm trying to say is that I just hope Frost is humble enough & self-aware enough to take a self assessment in some of these areas to figure out if he is actually putting the right formula together personally to motivate his team as much as he can.

I get what he's saying. But the idea that because Osborne didn't do something that it shouldn't ever be done is probably an oversimplification that could yield bad results.

And again...this discussion is classic offseason fodder. Not really that big of a deal, but something to talk about.

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

Does it matter….an Osborne team used a slogan from time to time. 

When the context of the quote was that "Osborne wasn't big into slogans", then sure. 

I mean, it's probably 6 in one hand, half a dozen in the other, but it's perfectly plausible that the team was like "We want to do this" and Tom was like "Whatever, I'm going fishing". 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Ummm….might want to look at “unfinished business” after the 1993 season.  

That wasn't a slogan to me- It was just a statement that became bigger after the fact and dramatized by the media and ESPN 30 for 30.  I do get your point though.  

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

The team had tee shirts with it to wear over summer workouts and fall camp. 

True.  I guess it fits the term but a slogan to me is something that isn't situational.  It's there all the time.  Row the Boat, etc...  Unfinished Business was specifically about a statement being made at that point and time because of how the previous season ended.  Apparently it did provide the needed motivation.  

For context, Scott was asked directly about whether or not he's come up with any motivational sayings for his team, he didn't just say this stuff unprovoked. Of all the story lines and things to talk about, what a miraculously stupid question. So I took it as more of a shot at the reporter asking it, and if it happens to apply to Peej, then so be it. 

I think it's also a bit of a microcosm for SF and Neb in general being under the microscope. Every single thing gets analyzed to the nth degree. Meanwhile, Maryland's Coach Mike Locksley wasn't asked one question by a reporter yesterday after being introduced. 

• Plus1 5
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Fru said:

For context, Scott was asked directly about whether or not he's come up with any motivational sayings for his team, he didn't just say this stuff unprovoked.

This keeps happening.  Probably because people just see/read the clips or want to try to find something to make into a story.  

Frost could have phrased it differently.  But he wasn't just beating his chest about it.  He was responding directly to a question specifically asking if he had a slogan for the year.  And it wasn't even directed to be derogatory of any specific team.  A lot of teams use slogans.  He doesn't.  There we go.

• Plus1 3
10 minutes ago, Mavric said:

This keeps happening.  Probably because people just see/read the clips or want to try to find something to make into a story.  

Frost could have phrased it differently.  But he wasn't just beating his chest about it.  He was responding directly to a question specifically asking if he had a slogan for the year.  And it wasn't even directed to be derogatory of any specific team.  A lot of teams use slogans.  He doesn't.  There we go.

Yeah I kinda just wish he would've said "Nope, not for us" and moved on. 

Dafuq kinda slogan is 'row the boat', anyway? I mean 'unfinished business' is kinda self-explanatory, but 'row the boat' just makes me think of 'mow the lawn' or 'polish the knob' or something.

• Haha 6
2 minutes ago, Toe said:

Dafuq kinda slogan is 'row the boat', anyway? I mean 'unfinished business' is kinda self-explanatory, but 'row the boat' just makes me think of 'polish the knob' or something.

"Cup the ba.... nevermind 

• Haha 4