4 Super Conferences - 2030 Football Edition

3 hours ago, Bledred said:

Therefore pushing the marque teams in the Big 10 out of the playoff and getting them to question why they are in the conference.  Then the SEC swoops in with their sweet heart deal and tons of money.  At what point do people realize they are being conned?

? Ohio State wasn't pushed out of the playoff. And Warren was and is nothing more than a mouthpiece for the presidents and ADs, as mentioned.

20 hours ago, HuskersNC949597 said:

? Ohio State wasn't pushed out of the playoff. And Warren was and is nothing more than a mouthpiece for the presidents and ADs, as mentioned.

Your telling me that NU and OSU (and maybe MU) were the sole dissenters to starting a late football season in the B1G last year?  As Stalin correctly said:  it is not important who votes, but who counts the votes.

17 minutes ago, Bledred said:

Your telling me that NU and OSU (and maybe MU) were the sole dissenters to starting a late football season in the B1G last year?  As Stalin correctly said:  it is not important who votes, but who counts the votes.

Basically every Big Ten president except ours and OSU's came out in full support of the decision because it wasn't Warren's decision, it was theirs.Some of you guys have created a boogeyman out of a middle manager.

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, J-MAGIC said:

Basically every Big Ten president except ours and OSU's came out in full support of the decision because it wasn't Warren's decision, it was theirs.Some of you guys have created a boogeyman out of a middle manager.

Totally agree with j-magic... and as proof we need only to consider who is running B1G football operations now. BA is the appointed tool because he's proven he wants to be the tool. Warren is only a mouthpiece for the corporation.

• Plus1 1

This is all what happens when you have very weak leadership at the top.  I'm talking about the NCAA.  

A pro sport organization like the NFL, NBA or MLB, works from the top to at least try to even out the competition amongst all its divisions.  The NCAA has none of that.  So, you have conferences in battles to compete and not only do we have players transferring constantly between programs, we have programs transferring between conferences with no regard for what is actually good for the sport.

All these things combined is going to destroy college football even more.  The SEC THINKS this is great because they are getting all these "powerful" programs.  But, what they don't realize is that they still are reliant on the rest of the country watching.  Even though the power is in their conference, it's a national sport as far as fans.  The more everything gets concentrated with them, the less interested the rest of the country is going to be.

• Plus1 5

3 minutes ago, Redux said:

I for one am excited at the idea of Kansas State not being a hot enough commodity to get into a power conference and having to settle for a Sun Belt invite.

The very last year we played there- the fans were pretty nasty inside the stadium. But at the tailgates they were fine. 

Love that little stadium, Aggieville, short drive and how loud they got with just 55,000 fans. HATED the first down thing. Bill Snyder performed a miracle there- best of luck to them. 

Much appreciation to ESPN and the University of Texas for systematically dismantling college football over the past 25 years.  I was not surprised at the news that these two cash cows (pun intended), along with their cohorts in the SEC league offices, were the impetus behind a negotiation that would usher in a sports monopoly for years to come.  

To my friends in the former Big 8 / Big XII; your unwavering support for these two institutions have led you to the same end NU was at in 2010, departure.  I wish you all the best.  At this stage all I can assume is that KU / ISU as AAU accredited institutions are potential targets of the Big Ten.  Perhaps with any luck, KU and NU can restore the more than a century union that was interrupted courtesy of the ESPN / UT alliance.  

All of this said, collegiate football needs a media counterweight to the Bristol monopoly!  ESPN leverages significant weight in conference memberships, media contracts, university administration, coaching contracts, athlete recruitment / retention, as well as participation in post-season playoffs, tournaments, and regionals.  This constitutes a monopoly on its' face and may even constitute anti-trust proceedings.  ESPN tampered with the Big XII in 2010 and did so again this year with the SEC.  

• Plus1 1