Citrus Grilled Blackened Catfish

Tried this tonight and it was excellent. Grilling white fish is usually a challenge trying to keep it from falling apart and sticking to the grates. Found this technique on Amazing Ribs and it was so easy and worked great. Simply season the catfish fillets with Cajun blackened seasoning, place them on orange slices on the grates and cook until done. The orange slices impart a bit of orange flavor which goes nicely with the spicy blackened seasoning and the fillets held together well yet had that grilled flavor.  I did not do the lemon cream sauce or asparagus mentioned in the recipe. IIMO they would not be needed because the fish was plenty good and moist without. I did smoke some corn on the cob and we had a pasta salad with it. I imagine this would work well with any mild white fish and probably also with salmon or other fish. Also think you could switch up the seasoning as desired. The handy thing was the orange slices between the fish and grill. The fish did look exactly like the pics in the recipe link.

https://amazingribs.com/tested-recipes/seafood-recipes/citrus-grilled-blackened-catfish-charred-lemon-cream-sauce/#recipe

• Plus1 2