Recruiting Impact to NU with KSU/KU/ISU/OK St in revamped B12 or AAC/MWC

I believe the more relevant question is what does growth of the SEC mean for recruiting in regard to a recruit’s NIL?

people talk about tv exposure and blah blah… eff that.

A recruit doesn’t need tv to make money, they have social media. An SEC recruit probably has higher endorsement value than that of a recruit in the big ten. 
that’s why Texas and OU are making their moves. The potential market value of the big twelve is trash. the SEC is $$$ city to recruits/players. Bottom barrel rape scandal Baylor “fans” (yes f*ck Baylor) aren’t payin like even zero dollar having ole miss fans. 

this begs me to as the question- what is Nebraska’s market value to high profile recruits and why would they focus Nebraska? 

8 hours ago, pubes said:

I believe the more relevant question is what does growth of the SEC mean for recruiting in regard to a recruit’s NIL?

people talk about tv exposure and blah blah… eff that.

A recruit doesn’t need tv to make money, they have social media. An SEC recruit probably has higher endorsement value than that of a recruit in the big ten. 
that’s why Texas and OU are making their moves. The potential market value of the big twelve is trash. the SEC is $$$ city to recruits/players. Bottom barrel rape scandal Baylor “fans” (yes f*ck Baylor) aren’t payin like even zero dollar having ole miss fans. 

this begs me to as the question- what is Nebraska’s market value to high profile recruits and why would they focus Nebraska? 

I think the individual teams fan base means more than conference affiliation when it comes to NIL.  Of course, the Trevor Lawrence type guys transcend but that is not the norm.  To the average 4 star recruit, the Nebraska fan base looks pretty damn good.  NIL money is here for the taking.

14 hours ago, lo country said:

I’d feel much more confident (I don’t think we will be kicked out of B1G) if we were actually winning, going to bowls and competing for the West (B1G)......My concern would be other teams/conferences start making plays.  ACC gets ND to commit.  Goes after UM, PSU and OSU........Could NU be relegated back to a depleted (and re-strutted) Big XII with the likes of KU, Illinois, Purdue....

Interesting times indeed.  

I worry a little about this but I feel like its extremely unlikely OSU Mich would leave and if they did I dont see any way that a scrambling Pac12 could pass up on us seeing how few big fish would be left.

If I had to guess what will happen it will be some sort of pseudo merger between B1G and PAC12 where we schedule games together and share FOX rights.  I would be completely cool with that because FOX has the highest fidelity broadcast right now(although that margin has narrowed) and good presentation. 

1 hour ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

I worry a little about this but I feel like its extremely unlikely OSU Mich would leave and if they did I dont see any way that a scrambling Pac12 could pass up on us seeing how few big fish would be left.

If I had to guess what will happen it will be some sort of pseudo merger between B1G and PAC12 where we schedule games together and share FOX rights.  I would be completely cool with that because FOX has the highest fidelity broadcast right now(although that margin has narrowed) and good presentation. 

Maybe I'm in the minority but I think any merger with Pac12 teams would suck for both conferences.  Having regular games against teams 2-3 time zones away can be pretty brutal for all involved.  I work on the west coast 4-5 times a year- it can really mess with you jumping back and forth.  

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, Hilltop said:

Maybe I'm in the minority but I think any merger with Pac12 teams would suck for both conferences.  Having regular games against teams 2-3 time zones away can be pretty brutal for all involved.  I work on the west coast 4-5 times a year- it can really mess with you jumping back and forth.  

Yeah thats a good point about the players having to deal with that. Selfishly though i just really like PAC12 after dark and I stay up late anyway. It would be pretty sweet to see Nebraska playing on there. 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Gorillahawk said:

It would mean that we will play in California each year! #Calibraska!

it will mean picking up the crumbs, like Stepp and troubled players like Washington.

our recruiting has fallen way off this season, need to have a very successful year to get a top 25 class.

13 hours ago, hunter49 said:

it will mean picking up the crumbs, like Stepp and troubled players like Washington.

our recruiting has fallen way off this season, need to have a very successful year to get a top 25 class.

You do realize we have signed top 20 classes the past 2 years and that the vast majority of our team are underclassmen.  With the extra year of eligibility, we only have one senior that counts towards our 85 scholarship limit.  One...  transfer receiver Samori Toure.  This will be a very small recruiting class that would never have a chance of being top 25 due to the low number of players that will be taken.   https://theathletic.com/2709022/2021/07/15/nebraska-huskers-football-recruiting-analysis-on-hayden-schwartz-and-scott-frosts-entire-2022-class/

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
On 7/28/2021 at 11:48 AM, Hilltop said:

Well, and I get that football drives the bus, but it'll be absolute nonsense for every other sport on campus.