SIGNED - K Charlie Weinrich [Walk-On]

Mavric

Kicked at Nebraska's camp last month and said he didn't miss a FG.  Was at Kohl's National Scholarship Camp last weekend and said his only miss was from 53 yards.  Made all kicks from 56 yards and finished first at the camp.  Now hearing from Kansas, Kansas State, USC, Wisconsin and Missouri.

Long FG in a game is 51.  All-State kicker last year.  

Kansas offered a walk-on spot with a promise to be on scholarship after the first semester.  I originally read that was Nebraska so that's why I made the profile.

Interested in Nebraska because his older sister goes to school here and is good friend with Turner Corcoran.  Has been talking to Held and Busch.

• Plus1 2
  • 3 months later...

20 minutes ago, teachercd said:

5 star kicker is probably only spending 1 year in college and then is off to the NFL.

I think I would rather get a 3 or low 4 star guy that has the heart and desire to play for NU and will stick around and make it all 4 years.

There are 54 Kohls 5 star kickers. He's listed at #17. Rivals lists 31 five-stars regardless of position. At some positions #17 is a three star. So, you might get your wish of how many stars you'd really be getting.

Can't speak to his heart and desire for NU, but he can't go to the draft one year out of high school. Plus, last year only one kicker was drafted, so even if he's great and COULD get drafted, he wouldn't.

I'd rather have a guy who can make extra points and field goals for a year than not have a guy who can make extra points and field goals.

Perhaps we need this kid and he could do great for us, but how good he appears may not be the reality.

• Plus1 3

18 minutes ago, teachercd said:

5 star kicker is probably only spending 1 year in college and then is off to the NFL.

I think I would rather get a 3 or low 4 star guy that has the heart and desire to play for NU and will stick around and make it all 4 years.

Kohls really diluted the value of the "5-Star". 54 5-star kickers in the class of '22 and another like 100 4.5-Star Kickers. What's the qualification, be alive and have a leg attached to your body?

• Haha 1
10 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Kohls really diluted the value of the "5-Star". 54 5-star kickers in the class of '22 and another like 100 4.5-Star Kickers. What's the qualification, be alive and have a leg attached to your body?

Probably two legs attached, I would imagine. A one-legged kicker would be a 12*, easy.

That would be akin to the no-armed second baseman.

• Haha 3
  • Mavric changed the title to K Charlie Weinrich [Nebraska Walk-On]
  • Mavric changed the title to SIGNED - K Charlie Weinrich [Walk-On]
  • Mavric pinned this topic