2021 Fall Camp Notes - Wide Receivers & Tight Ends

42 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Word is that Austin not being at practice on Wednesday was more of a precautionary/rest day situation and he should be back up to speed soon.

Vokolek is probably going to be out for awhile (though not season-ending).  The worry there is he is probably our best blocking TE and the next guys in line aren't the biggest/best blockers either.

I seem to remember Hickman being considered a good blocker, although clearly not as big and strong as Vokolek. 

• Plus1 1

Frost said after Friday’s practice that junior Travis Vokolek was “nicked up” but said that Vokolek wasn’t going to be out for the season or an extended period of time. Senior tight end Austin Allen was also not present for Wednesday’s practice, but Frost said Friday that they were just giving Allen “a little time off.”

“I’m going to report to you guys any time we have somebody who is out for the season or an extended amount of time,” Frost said. “We’ve got a bunch of guys nicked up, but we expect them back. Travis is one of them.”

https://247sports.com/college/nebraska/Article/Nebraska-Football-tight-ends-Austin-Allen-Travis-Vokolek-Scott-Frost-169088381/

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Nicked up could mean missing the Illinois game...I don't like that 

I don't like that either.  I want the team at full strength.  However, if Allen and the others are full go, then I think we should be fine.  Really, the biggest problem would be at some point if you want 2 big blocking TEs in the game.

It's also best that they know that now so they could come up with a solution to that problem instead of him getting hurt the week of the game.

8 hours ago, Decoy73 said:

I seem to remember Hickman being considered a good blocker, although clearly not as big and strong as Vokolek. 

Yeah, he ain't got the size to be a dominant blocker, but he's not lacking in the effort department.

7 hours ago, Nebraska55fan said:

There is talk someone in that room had some apprendix issues. Hickman and Carnie do not have the size to be a factor in the BIG as blockers. An area of strength and depth supposedly- with Fidone out too- has turned into an area of weakness. This team seems to be snake bit a bunch. 

love Frost speak?  what the hell is being nicked up?

always a secret with Frost, could be out a day or 3 months, he defines himself, good enough for the fans.

• Plus1 1