2021 Fall Camp Notes - Wide Receivers & Tight Ends

9 hours ago, Toe said:

I'm curious as to whether that 'nicked up' was referring to last year or this fall camp...

It was talking about this year, he was talking about one of the differences in Manning being health. Nicked up once this camp, I think it was pretty constant last year in addition to still learning everything. 

21 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

It was talking about this year, he was talking about one of the differences in Manning being health. Nicked up once this camp, I think it was pretty constant last year in addition to still learning everything. 

I thought so. The reason I was wondering was that there was one practice report that said Betts had been moved to 1st-team. I assume that's just when Manning was dinged up, and not that Betts has actually passed Manning (as the report I read made it sound).

4 minutes ago, Toe said:

I thought so. The reason I was wondering was that there was one practice report that said Betts had been moved to 1st-team. I assume that's just when Manning was dinged up, and not that Betts has actually passed Manning (as the report I read made it sound).

Are Betts and Manning competing at the same spot? Always thought Betts and Oliver were competing at the same spot.

1 minute ago, SECHusker said:

Are Betts and Manning competing at the same spot? Always thought Betts and Oliver were competing at the same spot.

I'm not sure the 2 outside spots are different enough to have specific depth charts - I kind of assumed they were interchangeable. So if we say Martin/Manning are the starters, Betts would be next up at either spot instead of Betts going in for Martin and Liewer or someone for Manning. But I could be wrong there, and I'm sure on the depth chart they'll have different guys backing up each spot.

And maybe it depends on the definition of "competing for the same spot?"

I assume that Toure and Manning will have locked down the starting roles at wideout. When we're in our two tight end sets (12 personnel) I'm expecting it's those two guys out there. For the 11 personnel sets I'm thinking that Martin & Betts are competing for that third spot.

Just a guess there, could be totally wrong.