2021 Fall Camp Pressers

I can’t tell if I’m starting to get sucked into the hype (which I’ve resisted so far) or if it’s because the season is so near but HCSF seems to be a lot more confident in what he has this year as opposed to previous years. Anybody else notice that, or have I just finally broken down and succumbed to the kool-aid?

• Oh Yeah! 5
4 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I can’t tell if I’m starting to get sucked into the hype (which I’ve resisted so far) or if it’s because the season is so near but HCSF seems to be a lot more confident in what he has this year as opposed to previous years. Anybody else notice that, or have I just finally broken down and succumbed to the kool-aid?

I think it is partly because the season is so close and because the first game is sort of important and not against Our Lady of the Worthless Miracle.

Plus, I think the run defense will be really solid, which should keep them in games.  I think they finally have WR's that do not look like they belong on the Sigma Kai intramural team and I know people bag on AM but if you look at his stats, the wins are coming.  

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I think it is partly because the season is so close and because the first game is sort of important and not against Our Lady of the Worthless Miracle.

Plus, I think the run defense will be really solid, which should keep them in games.  I think they finally have WR's that do not look like they belong on the Sigma Kai intramural team and I know people bag on AM but if you look at his stats, the wins are coming.  

Tempted to put quite a bit more on Over 6 wins…..

*must-resist-urge*

• Oh Yeah! 1

It's definitely "Show Me First" in terms of the hype train. I can't buy it... at all. 

Kind of sad when you think that, going into a season, I used to say, "If everything breaks right and we get some bounces, we could go unbeaten in the regular season."

To......

Now, I am saying, "We need some things to break our way or we aren't going bowling for the fifth straight year."

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Tempted to put quite a bit more on Over 6 wins…..

*must-resist-urge*

Looking at the lines so far it has been interesting.

Illinois went from -8.5 to -7

Fordham from -42.5 to -39.5

Michigan from -2.5 to now NU is +2.5 (Big move)

But getting to 7 wins should be easy and that is really even without a big upset.

They are starting 3-0, so can get they get 4 more out of the last 9?

MSU

Purdue

Minny

Michigan

OU

OSU

Iowa

NW

Wisconsin

I see (what should be) 3 locks.  MSU, Purdue and NW

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Looking at the lines so far it has been interesting.

Illinois went from -8.5 to -7

Fordham from -42.5 to -39.5

Michigan from -2.5 to now NU is +2.5 (Big move)

But getting to 7 wins should be easy and that is really even without a big upset.

They are starting 3-0, so can get they get 4 more out of the last 9?

MSU

Purdue

Minny

Michigan

OU

OSU

Iowa

NW

Wisconsin

I see (what should be) 3 locks.  MSU, Purdue and NW

Pure curiosity here, but what about MSU should be a lock?

• Plus1 1