2021 Fall Camp Notes - Running Backs

15 hours ago, I am I said:

Wyatt Mazour actually got in game, meaningful reps for us recently. If a guy like Yant isn’t playing much because the players in front of him are better, we have grown leaps and bounds in talent. That makes me happy. 

That name just makes me sour. Please, I will take any RB who won't do this at the goal line: 

• Plus1 2

Ervin

Morrison

Stepp

Scott

Yant

Johnson

This seems to currently be the order BUT I think many of these guys will get carries the first 3 games and we will see it all shake out. Ervin has potential but makes me a little nervous if he starts game 1 against Illinois. But also no one on the roster has done anything at Nebraska yet so it doesn't matter as much. If it was me today I think it should be Stepp, Morrison and Yant for this season. Maybe Ervin will surprise me more than I think since his HS highlights he is very balanced runner and has no real weaknesses as a rb. 

I think the "we're going to find one guy" thing is some coach speak/motivational thing. When he's had enough capable ball carriers Frost has given three backs carries pretty consistently every year he's been an OC or head coach. And that's before any injuries. I also gotta imagine Johnson will get some carries or be involved somehow because his speed makes him different type of back than the other guys.

• Plus1 1

On 7/30/2021 at 11:06 AM, Hilltop said:

People can and do change for the better.  Several success stories through the years of guys with a troubled youth who turned it around and became great players/men.

There are also a pile of players who overcame past injuries to go on and have successful careers through the NFL.

Why do you think Cam won't make it through the season?  

Because he has been consistently injured since the 8th grade. In HS he was always out.  Great athlete- great family, he just gets injured a lot, not sure why. 

We can hope- but history seems to repeat itself when it comes to oft injured players in football. It is what it is. 

7 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:

Because he has been consistently injured since the 8th grade. In HS he was always out.  Great athlete- great family, he just gets injured a lot, not sure why. 

We can hope- but history seems to repeat itself when it comes to oft injured players in football. It is what it is. 

You feeling ok?  You already responded to this days ago.  

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Nebraska55fan said:

Who gave this motherf#&%er 499 footballs? I don’t want to see him get to 500.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, Nebraska55fan said:

frank-gore-celebrate.gif

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

A woman who I work with came to me to tell me that her daughter (who apparently dated or is currently dating Gabe Ervin) said that he is going to be the starter. She also pointed out that he is a super-nice, respectful kid.

Thanks for sharing.   I’d be surprised if it was solidified at this point, at least in the sense of the coaches actually informing him/others of this.   But if he really has been balling out every practice, he’ll definitely get his share of playing time.  It seems we can also pencil in Morrison and Stepp if 100%.  I still want to see a ground and pound drive featuring Yant as well.  

7 hours ago, Decoy73 said:

Thanks for sharing.   I’d be surprised if it was solidified at this point, at least in the sense of the coaches actually informing him/others of this.   But if he really has been balling out every practice, he’ll definitely get his share of playing time.  It seems we can also pencil in Morrison and Stepp if 100%.  I still want to see a ground and pound drive featuring Yant as well.  

In a recent "sights and sounds" video from rivals he was lined up at fb. Think this could be a good starting roll for him.

• Plus1 2