2021 Fall Camp Notes - Running Backs

1 hour ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I still think Gabe will be our top back this season. His HS film was very good, he does things that many college guys never even pick up. Vision, balance, acceleration, effort. And oh yeah, he's a capable pass catcher and blocker. 

I've been wrong about a lot of things in my life (zips up fanny pack), but I feel like I'm going to be right about this.  Watching the spring game, he's the most complete back we have...then Morrison and Yant.  Stepp gets a pass because I haven't seen him in our offense.  

Ervin is our next great RB at Nebraska, barring any unforeseen circumstances.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, rocketlb said:

I just want to make sure that I didn't fall into a coma and miss a couple of years....Yant is a TRUE FRESHMAN, yes??

That man is scary! lol

He is a true freshman eligibility wise but he was here last year.  And he's 20 years old, so that helps a bit.

But that's still a pretty scary dude running at you.

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, Farms said:

Only downside to that is our RB room could get thin if the other guys see the writing on the wall for the next 4 years. 

It's a risk and it's how things go now-a-days.

But I think there will be at least three guys who are seeing the field regularly.  You might lose a guy or two behind that but that's about the best you can hope for.

• Plus1 2