2021 Fall Camp Notes - Defensive Line

42 minutes ago, Decked said:

Weaver is massive. But if you watch those drills he’s about a second slower than everyone in getting off the ball. Will be interesting to see what happens if he loses 60-70 lbs. 

"...Weaver, who graduated from a Antioch (Calif.) High School this summer, weighed nearly 400 pounds upon arrival. He’s down to 380 pounds now, Tuioti said."

https://omaha.com/sports/huskers/football/tony-tuioti-has-deep-d-line-room-and-possibly-the-biggest-player-in-husker-history/article_16183be4-f65a-11eb-a0bc-13640791674a.amp.html

He's a big boy.

25 minutes ago, SECHusker said:

"...Weaver, who graduated from a Antioch (Calif.) High School this summer, weighed nearly 400 pounds upon arrival. He’s down to 380 pounds now, Tuioti said."

https://omaha.com/sports/huskers/football/tony-tuioti-has-deep-d-line-room-and-possibly-the-biggest-player-in-husker-history/article_16183be4-f65a-11eb-a0bc-13640791674a.amp.html

He's a big boy.

He makes everyone else look normal sized. Hard to do at the D1 level. 

11 minutes ago, floridacorn said:

I was thinking Nash is a large human & he doesn't stand out in that group, now I see why.  About the only position on this team where NU doesn't have positional size is ILB.  

Good assessment there.

And I don't think I'm really worried about size at ILB. As long as there's sure tackling it's fine. Really just need to continue developing pass-rushing skills from OLBs.