Is Barry’s Back?

12 hours ago, internetman said:

was in downtown and haymarket. took forever to get served in some places.... lots of "help wanted" signs. $10/hour ain't gonna do it

Weird. Was just up in downtown and Haymarket, had zero problems with service and there plenty of storefronts/locations to visit. 

I will say there were help wanted signs all over Lincoln. Amigos was hiring for $15/hr., which is the right way to do it. 

17 hours ago, VectorVictor said:

Weird. Was just up in downtown and Haymarket, had zero problems with service and there plenty of storefronts/locations to visit. 

I will say there were help wanted signs all over Lincoln. Amigos was hiring for $15/hr., which is the right way to do it. 

yeah, these weren't corpo places like amigos. one was a mexican place. stood at the counter waiting to get seated for 10 mins. NOT A PERSON. other was a bbq place that took forever to get served. 10$/hour plus tips. i dont blame people for not wanting to work in the service industry. and I can make food at home. save some cash

On 8/3/2021 at 9:58 PM, VectorVictor said:

Getting out of "Barry's coming back" and more into federal unemployment policy, general unemployment trends, etc... :) 

But I got a coffee at Scooter's yesterday morning and they were offering a $200 signing bonus to be a barista. Just to work the drive through. 

Hotel I stayed at last weekend had a sign on the door offering a $300 signing bonus for anyone who would start as a maid that same week. 

HyVee across from my house is doing on-the-spot interviews for anyone who will walk in right now. Everyone is struggling pretty hard.