Nebraska Football Team Leaders- Who Were the Best Ever and Do we Have Any on This Team?

Looking back it seems like we've had some pretty good leaders during the years the team has performed well. Who are the best leaders of all time that inspired better play-  and who would be their possible counterparts on this years team?

Christian Peter

Grant Wistrom

Jason Peter

Tommie Frazier

Tommy Armstrong

Jerry Murtaugh

Turner Gill

Rex Burkhead

Danny Noonan

This years team?

Looking on our current team for the (proven) caliber of (some of) those guys on your list is not easy.  I won't even try.  Hoping for Captain Martinez on O as the obvious one.  But we've seen spotty performance there. 

I admit to not feeling a serious standout as leader on D.  Perhaps others here will help with this.  Perhaps not.  ;)

• Plus1 1
56 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:

CTB?

I have no idea- my former player is on offense- says it's Martinez and Jurgens on that side of the ball with Toure making noise too. 

Yeah... well, again, the "captain" guys on the team are most often elected by the players but sometimes appointed by coaches.  I always respect both ways, but lean toward players elevated to captain by their peers, even though coaches can often see leadership qualities players might not see.

I dare say some of the leaders/captains in recent years have not lived up to their titles. 

• Plus1 2