Nebraska's 2 Deep Scholarships - 51 freshmen?!?

*includes redshirt and free covid year which skews the numbers some, but it is like this for all schools 

Offense

Freshmen: 10

Sophomores: 2

Juniors: 8

Seniors: 2

Defense

Freshmen: 6

Sophomores: 6

Juniors: 6

Seniors: 4

Offense for 22' can virtually look the same besides the loss of Toure who should be a major part of the offense this season. AM can come back for a 5th year if he wishes since he is technically a JR.

I think the defense is set up well going forward. We will lose 3/4 starters in the secondary which will hurt, but I think a lot the backups have some good experience and we have some promising young talent in Farmer, Gifford, Wright, Clark, Bretz - also picked up Johnson who is only a Sophomore. Guys like Ty Robinson and Nick Henrich are still only rFR. 

Overall - 51 freshmen, 11 sophomores, 17 juniors, 8 seniors (87/85) Honas is out for the year, Fidone tbd 

51 freshmen!!! young football team overall still 

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

It’s misleading to say they are young. Many of those freshmen have been here one or two years. 

The way that is stated makes it look like 51 players just got to campus.  

That's why the post stated the numbers are skewed due to the free year, but again all teams are like this. End of the day that's a lot of freshmen 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2

These numbers are what makes this season so important in my opinion.  These are experienced roster with multiple years of eligibility left.

If they make big strides they will have a year or two to use that momentum.  And hopefully do some great things.  At the very least they could get some wind back in the recruiting sails.

If this year looks like the last two, this is the team we have for the foreseeable future.  Not a ton of reinforcements lining up at the moment.  

I have faith in this team though.  I’m excited to watch!  I feel they are capable of winning 8 games plus a bowl.  Yes, I’m aware “potential” doesn’t always equal “reality” but it’s why I’m stoked for the season to start. :koolaid2:

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1

15 hours ago, funhusker said:

These numbers are what makes this season so important in my opinion.  These are experienced roster with multiple years of eligibility left.

If they make big strides they will have a year or two to use that momentum.  And hopefully do some great things.  At the very least they could get some wind back in the recruiting sails.

If this year looks like the last two, this is the team we have for the foreseeable future.  Not a ton of reinforcements lining up at the moment.  

I have faith in this team though.  I’m excited to watch!  I feel they are capable of winning 8 games plus a bowl.  Yes, I’m aware “potential” doesn’t always equal “reality” but it’s why I’m stoked for the season to start. :koolaid2:

Fully agree. If we can manage to get 7 wins with how many kids will return the next two years we should be in good shape going forward.