Big 10/PAC-12/ACC Alliance

6 hours ago, BigRedN said:

Tell me how this leads to more money per team?  The $EC is adding TX & OU for money and quality, so, I'm curious how adding all the PAC 12 achieves the same objectives.

Your thoughts?

The way it could, per my limited understanding, is by giving the conference(s) a stronger place to negotiate from with their next media deal.

All us B1G teams don't generate an average of $55m, that's what we receive due to a really well bargained media rights deal with Fox/ESPN. 

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

The way it could, per my limited understanding, is by giving the conference(s) a stronger place to negotiate from with their next media deal.

All us B1G teams don't generate an average of $55m, that's what we receive due to a really well bargained media rights deal with Fox/ESPN. 

But..But..Kevin Warren.

Everyone can talk all they want about a miniscule $50 million paid out by the BIG conference athletics but the "real" reason Nebraska joined the B1G conference is this: (edit: miniscule is obviously the wrong term)

2019 Fiscal Year Research Grants

FY 2019, which ended June 30, 2019, also was marked by a boost in externally sponsored awards. Those awards increased 2.5% to $271 million during the fiscal year, with research awards increasing 14% to $165 million. Of that, federal research awards accounted for nearly $130 million, a 20.5% increase from the previous year and 55% over the past decade.

This will never happen as a true merger of the conference. If anything does happen it will be a scheduling tv deal only. As has been discussed before. They will stay as separate conferences. There is no logistical sense for this to happen. My goodness even the pro leagues try to keep divisions geographical. 

• Mavric changed the title to Big 10/PAC-12/ACC Alliance