Big 10/PAC-12/ACC Alliance

7 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

IF there is any truth to the above, then Kevin, ASleepatthewheel, Warren better wake up and go after the top 6 Pac 12 schools.

If the Big 10 doesn't act - it throws a life line to the Big 12 and it removes all possibility of gaining even footage with the SEC. 

Warren should be talking to USC, UCLA, Stanford, Oregon, Washington, & Colorado.    Wrap up the west coast viewership. 

Let the Big 12 merge wt AZ, ASU, Cal, Org State, Utah, WSU

the rumor is that pac12 members declined the big10 advances. it doesn't surprise me. I'm sure west coasters don't want to be told how to high to jump by michigan and ohio state. i dont blame them.   

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:

How dare you- Kevin Warren has done a stellar job- the best BIG Commissioner ever. St Kevin (blessed be his name) can't be criticized.  He made it his number one priority to make sure all the athletes were registered to vote. then he put together a diversity council with players from each school. This priority was accomplished with flying colors. Everything else really was just filler- doesn't really count for much. 

again. you think he is making these calls? all by himself. just kevin warren. lol

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
Just now, Nebraska55fan said:

How dare you- Kevin Warren has done a stellar job- the best BIG Commissioner ever. He made it his number one priority to make sure all the athletes were registered to vote. then he put together a diversity council with players from each school. This priority was accomplished with flying colors. Everything else really was just filler- doesn't really count for much. 

Forgive me - I have overlooked the great leadership of one Kevin Warren who has accomplished Yuge things (of very little importance to the football field that pays most of the bills)  He has exceeded everyone's expectations (specifically those of his mother, father, siblings and first grade teacher) and will guide this great ship (specifically the Good Ship Lollypop )through the uncharted waters of expansion as he did wt Covid (specifically off and on, mixed signals, with unclear communication, showing bias against NU) .  Therefore, we have nothing to fear but fear itself (and the Big 10 becoming a one pony show falling far behind the SEC, ACC, and the combined Big 12/Pac 12)    :smokin

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, internetman said:

the rumor is that pac12 members declined the big10 advances. it doesn't surprise me. I'm sure west coasters don't want to be told how to high to jump by michigan and ohio state. i dont blame them.   

200.gif if that is the case, and if Norte Dame is locked into the ACC. Then we have the great options :sarcasmof Kansas, ISU, Pitt, Syracuse

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, internetman said:

I have a vision of a bumbling KW awkwardly asking a level 9 girl out on a date- knowing full well he's only a 2. Totally defeated before he even gets up to the plate. Eyes looking down, hands in pockets, ink running down his pocket protector, stammering, fidgeting- I'm sure it didn't go very well. Would you want to put the future of your program into his hands? Cant blame them.  If you think KW deserves that trust- what has he done to deserve such trust? What specific accomplishments with the BIG?

If Kansas came, the next team I would want is Mizzou [I'm an old Big 8 fan].  I'd love that rivalry to come back.

It interested me, so I did a search and came across this Texas fan already telling the $EC to send Missouri away to the B1G.  It will be real interesting to see how long it takes for Texass to be truly seen.  Ha ha.

https://www.secrant.com/rant/sec-football/first-order-of-business--send-missouri-to-the-b1g/97435173/

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Enhance said:

To be clear, it is entirely unacceptable to suggest Kevin Warren quit as commissioner and go off to get another "diversity person position." The implication there is quite obvious. It doesn't matter if you think his race played a role in his hiring as B1G commissioner.

He is a college educated attorney who has worked not only in law firms but in several important front office positions for a number of professional sports franchises, many of which were positions that had nothing to do explicitly with diversity and inclusion. He could quit and get a job in any number of roles or positions.

Who is bringing up race into anything here?  ?  ?

8 hours ago, Nebraska55fan said:

I have a vision of a bumbling KW awkwardly asking a level 9 girl out on a date- knowing full well he's only a 2. Totally defeated before he even gets up to the plate. Eyes looking down, hands in pockets, ink running down his pocket protector, stammering, fidgeting- I'm sure it didn't go very well. Would you want to put the future of your program into his hands? Cant blame them.  If you think KW deserves that trust- what has he done to deserve such trust? What specific accomplishments with the BIG?

Is Kevin Warren playing Dungeons & Dragons in this fantasy, sorry, dream, errr I mean vision, of yours? 

8 hours ago, Nebraska55fan said:

How dare you- Kevin Warren has done a stellar job- the best BIG Commissioner ever. St Kevin (blessed be his name) can't be criticized.  He made it his number one priority to make sure all the athletes were registered to vote. then he put together a diversity council with players from each school. This priority was accomplished with flying colors. Everything else really was just filler- doesn't really count for much. He deserves a big raise and a lengthy extension. We are so fortunate to have him leading the conference during these very challenging times. 

You can make the point that Warren is incompetent without having to use thinly (and poorly) veiled racist critique. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1
12 hours ago, internetman said:

the cultural argument was pretty solid, until the Texas boys decided to take orders from the red necks. 

12 hours ago, BigRedN said:

If Kansas came, the next team I would want is Mizzou [I'm an old Big 8 fan].  I'd love that rivalry to come back.

It interested me, so I did a search and came across this Texas fan already telling the $EC to send Missouri away to the B1G.  It will be real interesting to see how long it takes for Texass to be truly seen.  Ha ha.

https://www.secrant.com/rant/sec-football/first-order-of-business--send-missouri-to-the-b1g/97435173/

If Kansas does jump to the b10 frost will have another "winnable game" , maybe even post a winning record for once 

• Mavric changed the title to Big 10/PAC-12/ACC Alliance