Big 10/PAC-12/ACC Alliance

The counter to SEC power moves in the name of FOOTBALL is to make an alliance that provides thought leadership on gender equality on top of the already stated thought leadership on diversity, equality, and inclusion?  I guess if I cared about women's volleyball I might give two cents about this, but I don't.

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, Stone Cold said:

Anyone else feels like this is just like a used car we settle for but not the one we want.  Feels like were setting ourselves up for the hot football prospects to go to the sec where you have a better shot getting into the pros but go into the alliance if you want to play football at a good institution while getting your education.

There will still be a large number of kids going to the nfl from non-SEC programs. 

• Thanks 1
33 minutes ago, floridacorn said:

The counter to SEC power moves in the name of FOOTBALL is to make an alliance that provides thought leadership on gender equality on top of the already stated thought leadership on diversity, equality, and inclusion?  I guess if I cared about women's volleyball I might give two cents about this, but I don't.

If all the SEC cares about is football and not women’s sports they will go down burning. Good luck with this thought process. 

• Plus1 1

Looks like the tables have turned in the monopoly game that has become College Football.  I believe this gives The Alliance (SEC/ESPN are the Empire no doubt lol) a slight edge over the SEC (including OU and TX) in money and exposure.  It is a very safe bet for these three conferences to come together without them having to fight to add more teams to compete individually with the Empire.  We have also positioned ourselves to make the most money when it comes to renegotiating the TV contracts for the B1G and PAC.  ACC will have to be stuck with their current contract for the near future.  The Big 12 has been totally and completely skunked.  A check in on how they are doing:

I'm really interested in seeing how this plays out.  I think this is a very smart move to counter the power the SEC/ESPN have now.  

I'm particularly interested in two things:

a). How does this influence the NCAA?  These three conferences are obviously going to vote as a block which takes a lot of power away from the SEC.  How will we see the NCAA change?  Will we see actual, real investigations into SEC teams that everyone knows have been breaking rules for decades?

b). Will these three conferences basically black ball the SEC in scheduling?  I know that wouldn't change much with football.  The top programs in the SEC have purposely not scheduled P5 programs outside the SEC footprint for a very long time.  But, how does this affect other sports like basketball?

3 hours ago, Bledred said:

Just think if we had never left the Big 12 where we would be right now?  OU and TX leave us in a destroyed conference (that they destroyed) and move onto a super conference while we are stuck in a lower tier conference akin to the MAC or American.  Thank you again TO! 

Considering our quality of play in recent history, being stuck in a lower tier conference might not be all bad.  Recruiting could become interesting.  If the SEC locks down the Southeast and the state of Texas, this leaves an awful lot of schools fighting for the Northern and California players.  Parity in college football remains a myth with regards to the top programs.  It seems it's the same teams year after year in the playoff.  I fail to see how this changes.    

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm really interested in seeing how this plays out.  I think this is a very smart move to counter the power the SEC/ESPN have now.  

I'm particularly interested in two things:

a). How does this influence the NCAA?  These three conferences are obviously going to vote as a block which takes a lot of power away from the SEC.  How will we see the NCAA change?  Will we see actual, real investigations into SEC teams that everyone knows have been breaking rules for decades?

b). Will these three conferences basically black ball the SEC in scheduling?  I know that wouldn't change much with football.  The top programs in the SEC have purposely not scheduled P5 programs outside the SEC footprint for a very long time.  But, how does this affect other sports like basketball?

A and B are valid points and things I wonder about as well.  Here is a C

c)  The obvious omission is the Big 12 lonely 8.  Is it assumed that the Big 12 will pass away as soon as OU/Tx leave - whether that be in four years or in 2022? If so, is there a 'hidden plan' in place on how those 8 teams are swallowed up by the ACC/Big 10/Pac 12

Example:

WV, Baylor  to ACC

TCU & TT, OSU  to Pac 12

KSU, KU, ISU to Big 10

Of the list above - the only ones that really make sense to me are:  WV to ACC - very natural fit travel wise

and KU to Big 10 - AAU and Basketball Fit. ISU may add some value to the Big 10. 

OSU adds football value and if basketball rebounds they add basketball value but they just don't seem to fit the BIg 10.

But then again we got Rutgers!

TCU, TT, KSU, OSU, Baylor almost seem destined to go to the Mtn West or merge wt the AAC.  

30 minutes ago, junior4949 said:

Considering our quality of play in recent history, being stuck in a lower tier conference might not be all bad.  Recruiting could become interesting.  If the SEC locks down the Southeast and the state of Texas, this leaves an awful lot of schools fighting for the Northern and California players.  Parity in college football remains a myth with regards to the top programs.  It seems it's the same teams year after year in the playoff.  I fail to see how this changes.    

It's a shame isn't it? I remember the late 90s and early 2000s as a time when parity was all that was being talked about. Now we have a monopoly at the top and it makes it boring. 

• Plus1 1