Coaches Poll

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

Ha!  Very!

But I stand by it, they will start off 3-0 and that will get them ranked, like 24th.  Lose to OU and for the most part it won't impact NU's rank all that much.

I really doubt we'd even be ranked at 3-0 with wins over no one.  Big loss to OU and it would take 4-1 or 5-1 to get us back in right now.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, runningblind said:

I really doubt we'd even be ranked at 3-0 with wins over no one.  Big loss to OU and it would take 4-1 or 5-1 to get us back in right now.

Alot of it might depend on the style we win the first 3. 2-3 blowouts might help. But after Oklahoma were 4-0 and were ranked for sure.:koolaid2:

• Oh Yeah! 3

They s#!t the bed against Illinois, and everyone freaks out. Then they get the Buffalo and Fordham wins, then go into Norman and shock Oklahoma. The pollsters wait a week until they also shock Michigan State on the road before giving the surprising 4-1 Nebraska Cornhuskers their first Top 25 ranking in years. Nebraska celebrates by coming out flat and losing to Northwestern at Memorial Stadium the next week. 

Bank on it. 

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

They s#!t the bed against Illinois, and everyone freaks out. Then they get the Buffalo and Fordham wins, then go into Norman and shock Oklahoma. The pollsters wait a week until they also shock Michigan State on the road before giving the surprising 4-1 Nebraska Cornhuskers their first Top 25 ranking in years. Nebraska celebrates by coming out flat and losing to Northwestern at Memorial Stadium the next week. 

Bank on it. 

That would suck, but I could see it happening.

21 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Bank on it. 

This sounds spot on