NBA 2021-22

When it comes to best players and the Playoffs....

Are you a bus driver or a bus rider? 

Love Chuck.  Tell it as it is.  

(And that is why Nowitzki beat the Blazers, the reigning champion Lakers, OKC and the Heat for a championship).  

He beat Brandon Roy, LaMarcus Aldridge, Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol, Andrew Bynum, Kevin Durrant, James Harden, Westbrook, LeBron, Dwayne Wade, Chris Bosh. :worship

• Plus1 1

National "experts" don't seem happy about Jokic getting back to back MVPs. Admittedly biased here, but I'm not sure how he didn't deserve it given that he did something that's never been done before (2,000 / 1,000 / 500) and led a team without two star players to the playoffs. 

• Plus1 1
On 5/18/2022 at 1:24 PM, AZRaiderH8r said:

I so thoroughly enjoyed watching the Suns choke in game 7. Just crazy that Luka had the same amount of points as the Suns did in the first half. Now, I just need someone, anyone, to beat Golden State and all will be right in my world. 

Emotional hangover from game 7 against the Suns is now officially over. We're gonna try to steal a game in the Bay Area tonight! chuckleshuffle

• Plus1 1

Luka Doncic and Wilt Chamberlain are the only players to averaged 30+ ppg in their first 3 years of playoff appearances. 

Out of all the great NBA superstars to play in the post season, no one has done that.....except these two.

Luka is also the only player in NBA history, to average 30 points 5 rebounds 5 assists in his first three postseasons. 

Somewhere, someone is ready to say "but, but, but....Jordan.... but, but, but championships....but, but, but" 

Listen, if your favorite superstar could have done that, he would have.  But he  couldn't do it, and didn't do it.

If he didn't get double-teamed and triple-teamed" the moment he crossed the half court line, he probably averages 45+.....

It really stinks when a team throws 2-3 on your guy every time.  It's not fun to watch.  He isn't perfect in the first place, he can go cold, but "let's make sure he doesn't have a chance and double him up".  I hate that about the game. 

8 hours ago, admo said:

Luka Doncic and Wilt Chamberlain are the only players to averaged 30+ ppg in their first 3 years of playoff appearances. 

Out of all the great NBA superstars to play in the post season, no one has done that.....except these two.

Luka is also the only player in NBA history, to average 30 points 5 rebounds 5 assists in his first three postseasons. 

Somewhere, someone is ready to say "but, but, but....Jordan.... but, but, but championships....but, but, but" 

Listen, if your favorite superstar could have done that, he would have.  But he  couldn't do it, and didn't do it.

If he didn't get double-teamed and triple-teamed" the moment he crossed the half court line, he probably averages 45+.....

It really stinks when a team throws 2-3 on your guy every time.  It's not fun to watch.  He isn't perfect in the first place, he can go cold, but "let's make sure he doesn't have a chance and double him up".  I hate that about the game. 

Except for the part where Jordan averaged 35-6-6 for his first three postseasons.

Good effort though.

• Thanks 1

I worded it wrong, that's my fault.  30pts per game in each of their first 3 years of playoffs.

Wilt Chamberlain
9G 33.2pts 
3G 37.0pts
12G 35.0pts

Luka Doncic
6G 31.0pts
7G 35.7pts
15G 31.7pts

Michael Jordan
4G 29.3pts
3G 43.7pts
3G 35.7pts

30-5-5 (first 3 playoffs - Luka is only one to it)
6G 31.0pts 9.8rebs 8.7ast
7G 35.7pts 7.9rebs 10.3ast
15G 31.7pts 9.8rebs 6.4ast

2 hours ago, admo said:

I worded it wrong, that's my fault.  30pts per game in each of their first 3 years of playoffs.

30-5-5 (first 3 playoffs - Luka is only one to it)

Eh ... Jordan missed both by three points in his rookie season.  He was obviously passing the ball too much early (double-digit assists in his first two games).  But he outscored Luka by 10% overall.

Not sure that really qualifies as "Listen, if your favorite superstar could have done that, he would have.  But he  couldn't do it, and didn't do it."

30 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Eh ... Jordan missed both by three points in his rookie season.  He was obviously passing the ball too much early (double-digit assists in his first two games).  But he outscored Luka by 10% overall.

Not sure that really qualifies as "Listen, if your favorite superstar could have done that, he would have.  But he  couldn't do it, and didn't do it."

Yeah I agree, it doesn't qualify as that at all lol.  That was me being a big jerk asshat dummy.  :dumdum  My apologies!

• Oh Yeah! 1