2021 Fall Camp Notes - Special Teams

2 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

So which coach is dedicated to special teams?  I looked on Huskers.com and none of the coaches have that tag on the official website. Surely, God please, somebody has to be in charge of the 3rd branch of our team???

PKCVSUUVXJWWFDE.20150113220928.JPG?width

• Haha 5
8 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

So which coach is dedicated to special teams?  I looked on Huskers.com and none of the coaches have that tag on the official website. Surely, God please, somebody has to be in charge of the 3rd branch of our team???

Dawson is in charge of the whole thing but I believe there are several assistants who also are assigned to a specific group.

12 hours ago, hunter49 said:

i hope the hell they got this fixed, ST still make me nervous.

Same.  Field position is huge.  Kick returns, kickoffs... Punt returns, punt coverage.

I also hope HCSF and Lubick are working on their game management skills and situational timeouts. Seemed to be an area that wasn't too sharp last year.

On 8/4/2021 at 10:34 AM, Mavric said:

Another report that Culp and Meyer seemed to do the best and the kicks were often getting into the end zone but none too far past that.

A follow-up note on this says they were kicking into a decent wind that day so hopefully that was holding the kicks up a bit.

However, Callahan thinks Franke will win the job and should be able to get deeper into/through the end zone regularly (if not kicking into the wind).

• Oh Yeah! 1