Where We Rehash and Bludgeon the Joe Burrow Situation Over and Over Again Repeatedly

3 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:

FYI- he couldnt beat out Dwayne Haskins and Justin Fields- 2 REALLY good QBs to he asked Nebraska if he could play here. We said NO emphatically. 

Then he went to this place called LSU where he won a National Title, Won the Heisman and became a first round draft choice

SO even though our guys made this HUGE mistake we are supposed to blindly trust that we shouldnt have went into the transfer portal and picked up another guy. You know because the staff knows SMothers is so good. 

i asked what he had done up to the point he transferred from tOSU and you said he won a heisman and a national championship. he did those things after he left. the coaches took a 4 yr player over a 2 yr player thinking there was more upside. they probably also werent expecting starting multiple walkon wrs after whiffing on several wrs. that doesnt even take into account the poor OL play the past 3 years. so not taking burrows wasnt a huge miss because burrows isnt getting drafted, winning a nc or the heisman playing at NU. he went to one of the best places to showcase his talents then had an OC his senior year develop a gameplan to showcase them even more.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

1 hour ago, Nebraska55fan said:

I think MOST of us are tired of the super spin zone and sunshine pumping. We want RESULTS. 

I for one am only trusting what I have seen with my own eyes- because that has told me what we really have had each of the last 6 years. Those real world on the field observations has been a very good indicator of how good our players and team are.  Not the overly optimistic cherry picking. 

Considering most of your posts are some combination of wildly incorrect, offensive, or detached from reality, I am going to trust our coaches' evaluations of quarterbacks over yours. Have a good one!

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Oh Yeah! 2
12 minutes ago, J-MAGIC said:

Considering most of your posts are some combination of wildly incorrect, offensive, or detached from reality, I am going to trust our coaches' evaluations of quarterbacks over yours. Have a good one!

Absolutely- they have an excellent track record of evaling QBs here- but they dont so why should they be trusted.? They havent earned ANY confidence in their QB decision making or development.  They passed on JOE BURROW who was begging to play here- mic drop. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
13 minutes ago, desertshox said:

i asked what he had done up to the point he transferred from tOSU and you said he won a heisman and a national championship. he did those things after he left. the coaches took a 4 yr player over a 2 yr player thinking there was more upside. they probably also werent expecting starting multiple walkon wrs after whiffing on several wrs. that doesnt even take into account the poor OL play the past 3 years. so not taking burrows wasnt a huge miss because burrows isnt getting drafted, winning a nc or the heisman playing at NU. he went to one of the best places to showcase his talents then had an OC his senior year develop a gameplan to showcase them even more.

THis is what he did his Freshman year

QB rating of 169 is pretty stout

His first year at LSU- he threw 16 TDs and 5 Ints

QB 5 22 28 78.6 226 8.1 9.5 2 0 169.9

27 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Did you watch or go to our Spring Game?

Martinez played the first series for the Red.  Smothers started for the White.  Tackles by the defense when Smothers was in there were by Kolarevic, Ty Robinson and Nelson.  Are those guys not 1s?

Still waiting

Did you go to the Spring game or just hear about it from someone?

Because Smothers threw 13 of his passes for the Reds

https://hailvarsity.com/football/offensive-stats-from-nebraskas-2021-red-white-spring-game/

https://www.huskermax.com/2021-nebraska-football-red-white-spring-game-stats/

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:

Absolutely- they have an excellent track record of evaling QBs here- but they dont so why should they be trusted. They passed on JOE BURROW who was begging to play here- mic drop. 

Not sure it was a mic you dropped...

drop the soap GIF

• Haha 5
  • Oh Yeah! 1
6 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:

THis is what he did his Freshman year

QB rating of 169 is pretty stout

His first year at LSU- he threw 16 TDs and 5 Ints

QB 5 22 28 78.6 226 8.1 9.5 2 0 169.9

wait, garbage time stats are now an indicator of greatness? damn, the coaches need to scour the backup qb ranks looking for the next guy who is 29/39 for 287 yds with 2 tds after being in a program for 3 yrs. again, burrows showed nothing during his tOSU days to make anyone think he would do what he did.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Hilltop said:

Not sure it was a mic you dropped...

drop the soap GIF

Your personal erotica collection is what it is. I dont understand the attraction- but if it works for you and youre happy best of luck to you and your friend.  Looks like Hes been skipping his workouts it seems. He needs to be consistent, lower the reps, raise the weight- google 5X5 Workout for starters.  But if you are into the caved in chest look- then nevermind. 

1 minute ago, desertshox said:

wait, garbage time stats are now an indicator of greatness? damn, the coaches need to scour the backup qb ranks looking for the next guy who is 29/39 for 287 yds with 2 tds after being in a program for 3 yrs. again, burrows showed nothing during his tOSU days to make anyone think he would do what he did.

When youre playing behind Haskins and Fields- you ARENT going to get many snaps, BOTH first round draft picks. When he got in- he did great. 

20 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:

When youre playing behind Haskins and Fields- you ARENT going to get many snaps, BOTH first round draft picks. When he got in- he did great. 

he didnt even back them up. well maybe haskins bumped him down to third string in 2017. so i guess we need to look at third string qbs for the next great thing.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Nebraska55fan said:

Well- looks like we could have brought in first round draft pick Joe Burrow in as a transfer and vetoed that. So our coaching staff isnt batting very well on that front. 

Joe Burrow would not have been a Heisman winning 1st overall pick if he’d came to NU.  I’m pretty confident most “realists” would understand that.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

The deal is Burrow WANTED to come here and our guys- said a resounding no. BUT we are supposed to put all our faith in their decision making- even though when they had this one teed up perfectly - they BLEW IT

Adrian had better performance and a better ceiling and a longer career ahead of him when Burrow was transferring.

Look at Martinez productivity= has gotten worse every year

This isn't true. His productivity was better his junior year than it was his sophomore year.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

A friendly reminder: 

On 4/1/2021 at 4:24 PM, Cdog923 said:

QB #1: 219/379 (57.8%), 2,894 yards (7.6 Y/A), 16 TDs, 5 INTs 133.2 QBR

QB #2: 224/347 (64.6%), 2,617 yards (7.5 Y/A), 17 TDs, 8 INTs. 139.5 QBR

Now, without looking, which one is 2018 Adrian Martinez, and which one is 2018 Joe Burrow? 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1