Where We Rehash and Bludgeon the Joe Burrow Situation Over and Over Again Repeatedly

1 hour ago, Nebraska55fan said:

There are lots of people that know very little about the game. Its embarrassing what some people say in our section> Its darned right hilarious when they start pretending like they know the rules when there is a rules issue on the field. Pass interference is awesome. 

If you have some guru QB whisperer- part of his deal is evaluating talent. He obviously screwed the pooch on that one.

LSU a MUCH better program than NU even then- got Joe. So LSU was able to eval him correctly- 10 win season right out of the gate.  Nebraska chose to pass. 

I agree to a degree...i feel like there are many "opinions" of improvement that center on the following:

"They just need to hit harder"

"They should just run the ball"

"They just need to want it more"

Basically I sum it up as "if you bench a lot of weight you should be a better player" type of evaluation

5 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Or just let Joe Burrow graduate and watch LSU score 16 fewer points a game on the way to a 5-5 season and out of contention for everything. 

Some quarterbacks are pretty special.

Was this the same LSU team that literally had half the amount of players drafted in 2021 as they did in 2020? 

Some teams are pretty special. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Nebraska55fan said:

To think 10 one score games in those 2 seasons, that Burrow couldnt have won us at least 4 of those games- 4 by FIELD GOAL. IS DISINGENUOUS> 

Nobody said he couldn't have won us some games. How many of those games did we lose because of our quarterback or did we have a chance to win but our quarterback failed to excel? Which ones, specifically? 

TO think that Joe couldnt have helped us win 4 of those 10 one score games- is just silly. Just take away all of Adrians fumbles- we win several of those

Nobody thinks he couldn't have helped us win games. "NOT WHAT I SAID", I think is how you put it.

Frosts arrogant "is he better than we got" bit him in the rear- yes he was MUCH better than what we had.  

Not at the time he wasn't.

6 hours ago, Nebraska55fan said:

There are lots of people that know very little about the game.

Boy I'd say...

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
14 hours ago, Nebraska55fan said:

The ENTIRE thought process is NU has consistently made poor decisions on evaluating QBs and developing QBs. Their decision making has been poor at best and shouldn't be trusted now. 

Empirically where have any of our QBs shown improvement? Luke- no one wanted him. 

When someone is number 2 on an insanely talented team AND he wants to play for you- you evaluate him correctly. Joe didn't develop all those skills overnight- he had a bunch of them before he transferred. 

I think there is something that you, and many here are forgetting.  Joe would have lost one year of eligibility under the 2018 rules.  Going with Adrian was the absolute best choice, even in hindsight imo.  If we had brought him in and had him sit the sidelines in 2018 there is no way he would have taken the job away from Adrian after the 2018 season.  Adrian was on several Heisman watch lists and expectations were through the roof for him.  We all know he ended up having a rough 2019 but most QBs would have considering the talent, or lack there of, surrounding the position.

Outside of the potential for a freshman QB to overtake Burrow, there’s also other factors that throw a wrench into a move to Nebraska. OSU can block the transfer outright, and then there’s the Big Ten intraconference transfer rule that may take a year of eligibility from Burrow.

Rule 15.01.5. Intraconference Transfer Rules. B. Post Matriculation. A student-athlete that has signed a tender from a Conference institution and has triggered transfer status per NCAA Bylaw 14.5.2 (conditions affecting transfer status), may not represent an alternate Big Ten institution in intercollegiate athletics competition until the individual has completed one (1) full academic year of residence at the alternate (i.e., certifying) Big Ten institution and shall be charged with the loss of one (1) season of eligibility in all sports.

https://www.landgrantholyland.com/2018/5/9/17332184/joe-burrow-transfer-ohio-state-florida-lsu-nebraska-ohio-cincinnati

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, Courtesy Flush said:

Grammar is important. Capitol letters are the difference between “helping your Uncle Jack off a horse” and “helping your uncle jack off a horse.”

Spelling and knowing your homophones are important, too. *Capital letters

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hilltop said:

I think there is something that you, and many here are forgetting.  Joe would have lost one year of eligibility under the 2018 rules.  Going with Adrian was the absolute best choice, even in hindsight imo.  If we had brought him in and had him sit the sidelines in 2018 there is no way he would have taken the job away from Adrian after the 2018 season.  Adrian was on several Heisman watch lists and expectations were through the roof for him.  We all know he ended up having a rough 2019 but most QBs would have considering the talent, or lack there of, surrounding the position.

Outside of the potential for a freshman QB to overtake Burrow, there’s also other factors that throw a wrench into a move to Nebraska. OSU can block the transfer outright, and then there’s the Big Ten intraconference transfer rule that may take a year of eligibility from Burrow.

Rule 15.01.5. Intraconference Transfer Rules. B. Post Matriculation. A student-athlete that has signed a tender from a Conference institution and has triggered transfer status per NCAA Bylaw 14.5.2 (conditions affecting transfer status), may not represent an alternate Big Ten institution in intercollegiate athletics competition until the individual has completed one (1) full academic year of residence at the alternate (i.e., certifying) Big Ten institution and shall be charged with the loss of one (1) season of eligibility in all sports.

https://www.landgrantholyland.com/2018/5/9/17332184/joe-burrow-transfer-ohio-state-florida-lsu-nebraska-ohio-cincinnati

Thats even more impressive- that Joe and his dad so actively pursued Nebraska with these obstacles in the way. He really wanted be a Husker in spite of all the warts.

Imagine Joe with a year under his belt at NU- at least knowing the plays. Mario has no history of improving our guys, but at least Joe would have known the plays. Even if we could have had Joe for just 2019= a season we lost 2 games by a FG and 2 more by 4-7 points. And a season where Adrian got injured. 

We won 4 games. 

To think a Heisman Caliber and First round draft choice QB couldnt have improved that win total by at least 2 games and got us in a bowl game is ridiculous. 

• Haha 1
14 hours ago, UniversalMartin said:

I agree to a degree...i feel like there are many "opinions" of improvement that center on the following:

"They just need to hit harder"

"They should just run the ball"

"They just need to want it more"

Basically I sum it up as "if you bench a lot of weight you should be a better player" type of evaluation

Yes and most of the comments seem to come from people that look like theyve obviously never stepped onto a field or coached. 

Most of them have a shared savant like ability to spout off incorrect opinions when it comes to roughing the passer and targeting. They must all attend some secret meeting before games to all get on the incorrect page when it comes to those two infractions. 

How they find a place big enough to house them all is beyond me- If anyone knows- share it here. 

• Haha 1