Where We Rehash and Bludgeon the Joe Burrow Situation Over and Over Again Repeatedly

Lets look at our QB history here. 

Gebbia- already here, would have made a reasonably able and needed backup. We ran him off it seems. 

Martinez- Didnt play his Senior year due to shoulder issues. Great attitude- love this kid. I know his Freshman HS coach really well- claims the kid is the cats meow character wise. Unfortunately after a somewhat promising Freshman year. He has gotten progressively worse every year. Was in top 10 for fumbles given up in all 3 seasons. Has been injury prone. Has not done a good job coming off his primary target. Holds the ball too long, when he takes off, its already too late, running lanes that were open arent. Not great pocket awareness. 

Luke McCaffrey=Didnt really play a lot of QB until his Senior year of HS. Great feet, lateral speed etc. Size is suspect/ Terrible at locating receivers- and poor accuracy. Weak arm strength. He didnt progress here- I never thought he was the answer and no one really wanted him when he left. So was he a good choice to sign at QB here?

Smothers- We dont know yet but the eye test real life throwing motion and play in Spring game wasnt impressive at all. Suspect arm strength.

Haarberg- Jury still out, looks the part. Does anyone here really have faith that Verduzco can take a project kid and turn him into a successful BIG10 QB? If so exactly where does that confidence come from?

Passing on Joe Burrow. We had a good QB that wanted to come here and we didnt even bother giving him a chance. No matter the excuses- the coaching staff made a MISTAKE not taking him. 

So look at our QB room and this staffs track record here. Why would there be a ton of confidence in their decision making ability when it comes to QBs?  Please convince me- I go to all the games- dont get my info from my neighbor etc

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:

Gebbia- already here, would have made a reasonably able and needed backup. We ran him off it seems. 

Martinez- Didnt play his Senior year due to shoulder issues. Great attitude- love this kid. I know his Freshman HS coach really well- claims the kid is the cats meow character wise. Unfortunately after a somewhat promising Freshman year. He has gotten progressively worse every year. Was in top 10 for fumbles given up in all 3 seasons. Has been injury prone. Has not done a good job coming off his primary target. Holds the ball too long, when he takes off, its already too late, running lanes that were open arent. Not great pocket awareness. 

Luke McCaffrey=Didnt really play a lot of QB until his Senior year of HS. Great feet, lateral speed etc. Size is suspect/ Terrible at locating receivers- and poor accuracy. Weak arm strength. He didnt progress here- I never thought he was the answer and no one really wanted him when he left. So was he a good choice to sign at QB here?

Sommers- We dont know yet but the eye test real life throwing motion and play in Spring game wasnt impressive at all. Suspect arm strength.

Haarberg- Jury still out, looks the part. Does anyone here really have faith that Verduzco can take a project kid and turn him into a successful BIG10 QB? If so exactly where does that confidence come from?

Passing on Joe Burrow. We had a good QB that wanted to come here and we didnt even bother giving him a chance. No matter the excuses- the coaching staff made a MISTAKE not taking him. 

So look at our QB room and this staffs track record here. Why would there be a ton of confidence in their decision making ability when it comes to QBs?  Please convince me- I go to all the games- dont get my info from my neighbor etc

well for starters you could learn the names of the backup qbs.

• Haha 2

Im still waiting

All those people posting that we should just trust the coaches. Please state what they have done here with QBs  that gives you all this confidence in their decision making? I really want to know. 

They seemed to have blown it with every QB weve had so far. PLEASE convince me otherwise- I have no idea where this confidence comes from. 

AND if you are going to state a case- also include if you think Bigfoot and rasslin is real or not. 

• Plus1 1
48 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Joe Burrow would not have been a Heisman winning 1st overall pick if he’d came to NU.  I’m pretty confident most “realists” would understand that.

No one here claimed that. 

We would have won more games- not having a QB that was in the top 10 in fumbles lost 3 years in a row. We DEFINITELY win 2 more 

6-6 in year 1 and 7-5 in year 2 puts us on a MUCH different trajectory- easier narrative to sell to prospects

Just now, Nebraska55fan said:

We would have won more games- not having a QB that was in the top 10 in fumbles lost 3 years in a row. We DEFINITELY win 2 more 

6-6 in year 1 and 7-5 in year 2 puts us on a MUCH different trajectory- easier narrative to sell to prospects

You have absolutely no way of knowing that.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
4 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:

Grammar and punctuation- don't have a point argument. So lame

dear lord. you are basing the coaches' talent evals off of a revisionist history. every time joe burrow is brought up it ends back up in the same place, lsu burrow > nu burrow. the talent surrounding burrow at lsu helped him get to where he was and is. he would have had the same struggles 2AM has had.

gebbia wasnt ran off, he took his ball and went home when he didnt get the starting spot after fall camp.

if we are purely looking at their talent evaluation, now you have to consider every qb they have recruited even if they didnt land them. if you are looking at how 2am has progressed or hasnt then you have to consider every qb they have coached in their careers. you are basing everything on your "realist" views because they havent been as successful as you want.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:

Sommers- We dont know yet but the eye test real life throwing motion and play in Spring game wasnt impressive at all. Suspect arm strength.

How exactly did we run Gebbia off?  The kid didn't win the starting job and bailed.  If anything, our staff went out of their way to get him to stay.  

Burrow was a completely unproven 3rd string QB coming from Ohio State.  It would have made zero sense to bring him into our program especially when our staff was able to land AM, our number 1 prospect.  This was always going to be a complete team rebuild so it made sense to start a freshman who could grow with the team.  I choose to believe we will see the results of that growth this year on the field.  No, we likely won't win 10 games with 51 freshman, but my money is on a winning season and a big step in the right direction.  

By the way, who the hell is Sommers?

And why do you think Haarberg is a "project" kid?  The kid threw for over 4,000 yards, had 48TDs to 13 Int, and rushed for over 1000 yards in high school.  Just because the kid didn't do the camp circuit doesn't mean he isn't good.  

• Plus1 1