2021 Alternate Jerseys

24 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Make it authentic and have them use actual equipment from 1971.

Not sure what equipment was like in 1971 but I got to wear stuff from the early 60's and play.  It's not fun.  I thought stuff from the late 90's early 2000's was bad enough.  I have more respect for the guys that played back in the day.

1 hour ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Not sure what equipment was like in 1971 but I got to wear stuff from the early 60's and play.  It's not fun.  I thought stuff from the late 90's early 2000's was bad enough.  I have more respect for the guys that played back in the day.

My last few years in highschool was when the new Revo style helmets were taking off. I never played in them, but those things were so light, and you didn't smash your ears getting them on/off. Plus the huge shoulder pad fad was almost dying out (they still seemed to give me the biggest they could to find). Kids have it so easy these days :lol:

On 8/6/2021 at 4:15 PM, ColoradoHusk said:

I'm a total nerd when it comes to uniforms, jerseys, and helmets, but I am also the same guy who would never buy a jersey for myself.

My stance on throwbacks and alternates boils down to a pretty simple thought process.  If you play for a service academy or Oregon, then yes, you should wear throwbacks and alternates.  Everyone else?  No.  Now that I think about it more, I'd be pretty ok with just the service academies wearing throwbacks/alternates.  Those Army/Navy unis each year are so freaking sweet.

• Plus1 1
13 minutes ago, ZRod said:

My last few years in highschool was when the new Revo style helmets were taking off. I never played in them, but those things were so light, and you didn't smash your ears getting them on/off. Plus the huge shoulder pad fad was almost dying out (they still seemed to give me the biggest they could to find). Kids have it so easy these days :lol:

I had Riddell in HS.  I wore QB shoulder pads (played QB but was much better on defense).  In college I wore a helmet from Bike and I love it.   Very light. still wore QB pads.   bought pop warner pads for hips, thighs and knees until they started supplying the smaller pads.  I got to try the Revo helmets when I started coaching.  I could see how the kids would like them if that's what they started with but they felt weird to me.  Still would choose my Bike.  

• Plus1 1
13 minutes ago, Micheal said:

I'm okay with alternate uniforms with schools colors. 

My problem is that the alternate uniform games usually don't end well on the scoreboard. If those games ended in victory I probably would feel better about them. 

My problem with the "My problem with the alternate uniform games usually don't end well on the scoreboard." crowd is that we're completely ignoring the fact that most of our games do not and have not ended well in the last 7 years, regardless of uniform. 

Mike Riley was 19-19 and Frost is 12-20. This team hasn't played in a bowl game in 5 years. It's not the uniforms, my guy. 

• Plus1 6
  • Oh Yeah! 1

On 8/6/2021 at 3:11 PM, ColoradoHusk said:

I don't disagree, but I absolutely hate the fake "patriotism" that "USA alternate uni's" bring.  I hate it when MLB does it for Memorial Day/4th of July.  It's lame when Northwestern has a stars and stripes N on their helmet.  It's dumb when the NFL has their coaches wear militarized gear on the sidelines in November.  It's just lame overall and pandering to people's own sense of patriotism.

We should shake it up and do a different country's flag.... Really keep people on their toes. 

• Haha 6