Where We Veer into COVID Discussion

At our school, they just announced that for this fall, everyone has to be vaccinated or get tested weekly. I think they'd like to require vaccinations, but it sounds like this is as far as they can go without the state legislature changing some rules.

5 hours ago, internetman said:

attitude reflects leadership. 

The guy is being paid to be their football coach, not their doctor.  The team does have several doctors who should be answering the medical questions.  Everyone wants to make this a black and white issue (as with everything) but it is not and is HIGHLY complex as the world is going to soon find out.  No matter how you slice it the vax is considered an experimental drug by the FDA.  This is why it cannot be forced (yet) on the public.  People cannot be forced to be a part of a medical experiment.  A Doctor from one of the world's leading institutions in health at John Hopkins University says that having Natural Immunity is SEVEN times more effective in fighting the Delta Variant than getting the vax.  Turns out, God's design of our bodies (immune system) is still the best option.  Man always wants to tinker with what God has given us and it ALWAYS goes off the rails. 

https://dailycaller.com/2021/08/04/dr-makary-natural-immunity-covid-19-vaccine/

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 5

21 minutes ago, Bledred said:

The guy is being paid to be their football coach, not their doctor.  The team does have several doctors who should be answering the medical questions.  Everyone wants to make this a black and white issue (as with everything) but it is not and is HIGHLY complex as the world is going to soon find out.  No matter how you slice it the vax is considered an experimental drug by the FDA.  This is why it cannot be forced (yet) on the public.  People cannot be forced to be a part of a medical experiment.  A Doctor from one of the world's leading institutions in health at John Hopkins University says that having Natural Immunity is SEVEN times more effective in fighting the Delta Variant than getting the vax.  Turns out, God's design of our bodies (immune system) is still the best option.  Man always wants to tinker with what God has given us and it ALWAYS goes off the rails. 

https://dailycaller.com/2021/08/04/dr-makary-natural-immunity-covid-19-vaccine/

“God” and Daily caller is all I had to know. 

im talking football and the rules are the rules. I don’t want to hear any crying from fans if they have to forfeit a game this fall. Look at the SEC you think Alabama is making up bs excuses? No. Because they actually want to win a title. 

• Thanks 2
  • Oh Yeah! 2

So is this what Nebraska expects from the head coach now? “He’s just paid to be a football coach”? No moral responsibility to take kids and turn them into good citizens and family men?

when did we decide this was a better route? Was it to win games? Guess we are still waiting on that part. 

are we playing a coach to relive his college days in some downtown apt?

If a man can’t lead his family and keep his personal life in good order, can we expect him to be able to lead and help 100 men on a football team?

Frost not knowing the bad status of his team after all we’ve been through this last 1.5 years is sickening. 

you can see the lack of a leader in every aspect of this program and it’s sad. 

• Haha 1
13 minutes ago, Kayak said:

It does say a lot that the SEC is leading the charge in vaccinations.  They know what it will take to win.  Or at least eliminate a variable that could keep them from winning.

This.

Coaches feel the need to mandate diets, exercise, physicals, and sometimes surgeries to maximize the potential for a season.  But for some reason, pushing the vaccine is crossing a line.  I don’t get it.

Ill bet my left nut that more kids will have life altering injuries or even death from fall camps than getting this vaccine.

• Plus1 3

9 minutes ago, Kayak said:

Talking about Covid and vaccinations to how it potentially affects a football team playing a game or forfeiting isn’t political.  It’s the same as discussing strength and conditioning programs.

I call BS on that.  You are posting in a thread entitled, "So NU Should Have Went Back To The Big 12".  At best, you are "off-topic".  Let's enjoy our forum free from political expression and issues where there can be a debate.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

My comment about the SEC leading in vaccination efforts is not political.  Discussing Covid and vaccinations doesn’t have to be political when discussing how it can affect a team.  I agree the topic of joining the big 12 doesn’t fit the discussion 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1