Where We Veer into COVID Discussion

16 minutes ago, Kayak said:

My comment about the SEC leading in vaccination efforts is not political.  Discussing Covid and vaccinations doesn’t have to be political when discussing how it can affect a team.  I agree the topic of joining the big 12 doesn’t fit the discussion 

Agree. On the wrong discussion thread. It came from me seeing and reading Matt Campbell. The dude says and does the right thing every single time. 

and I see Frost at big10 media days. Looks like he’s seen a ghost, doesn’t know his teams vax status?! WTF are they doing the last year and a half??

it’s just disappointing. 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, internetman said:

Literally no one is bringing politics into this conversation . If you think vac status of a football team is political. That’s on you

Yep, as far as football goes, having a high vaccination rate is just the best way to ensure you play the most games. Simple as that. Less chance for spread, less rigorous testing protocols for those players. If you have a lower rate, that's fine. But as a coach you have to be okay with missing some players at certain points of the season, and maybe even be okay having to forfeit one. Coach Campbell and Coach Saban have both put their foot down and said they aren't gonna be okay with missing key guys and forfeiting games. Coaches like that don't tolerate guys missing games for things that could have been prevented. In those programs coming in out of shape won't be tolerated, missing games due to partying won't be tolerated, missing games due to academics won't be tolerated, and now, missing games because they declined a recommended shot won't be tolerated. They'll find someone willing to do what is asked of them for the sake of their teammates and the program. 

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
12 hours ago, runningblind said:

We were given brains. We use them to cure things like small pox with vaccines and science.  We use those brains to make intelligent decisions, or at least some of us do.

Lets see here, I am going to use my brain and look up the protocol of every vaccine ever created and notice how there is a minimum of a 6 year Experimental phase where the vaccine is tested on a small group of people along side a control group.  I am also going to use my brain and notice that every vaccine in our nation's history has never used an mRNA delivery system as the current one does.  I will continue to use my brain and take notice that there are tens of thousands of adverse reactions from the new experimental drug resulting in major medical problems.  There is a reason why this is being called an "experimental vaccine".  It is because YOU are the experiment and if things go side ways for everyone who took it a few years down the road, then what?  I will continue to be in the control group until the FDA authorizes the vaccine and takes away its "experimental" status, at which point it will actually qualify an an actual vaccine just like the rest of our life saving vaccines.  Which again, if you read the first sentence that I wrote, will not occur until YEARS from now.  On a historical side note, human beings are not to be experimented on unless they are willing subjects who are fully informed of the risks as per the Nuremberg Code. 

ANY institution that forces its students, athletes, employees, etc. to take the current experimental vaccine, is fully financially liable for ANY bodily harm or damages caused to those people up to including wrongful death lawsuits for the duration of the medication which in this case is the rest of your life since the mRNA spike-T cell delivery system never stops.  We are going to see a tidal wave of lawsuits completely obliterate employers, major universities, and more here very soon.  The employers and universities who use their brains and listen to their lawyers will tell their students and employees that it is up to them to decide if they want to take the experimental drug or not.  

I think this is off topic so won't be replying about this anymore. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
4 minutes ago, Bledred said:

Lets see here, I am going to use my brain and look up the protocol of every vaccine ever created and notice how there is a minimum of a 6 year Experimental phase where the vaccine is tested on a small group of people along side a control group.  I am also going to use my brain and notice that every vaccine in our nation's history has never used an mRNA delivery system as the current one does.  I will continue to use my brain and take notice that there are tens of thousands of adverse reactions from the new experimental drug resulting in major medical problems.  There is a reason why this is being called an "experimental vaccine".  It is because YOU are the experiment and if things go side ways for everyone who took it a few years down the road, then what?  I will continue to be in the control group until the FDA authorizes the vaccine and takes away its "experimental" status, at which point it will actually qualify an an actual vaccine just like the rest of our life saving vaccines.  Which again, if you read the first sentence that I wrote, will not occur until YEARS from now.  On a historical side note, human beings are not to be experimented on unless they are willing subjects who are fully informed of the risks as per the Nuremberg Code. 

ANY institution that forces its students, athletes, employees, etc. to take the current experimental vaccine, is fully financially liable for ANY bodily harm or damages caused to those people up to including wrongful death lawsuits for the duration of the medication which in this case is the rest of your life since the mRNA spike-T cell delivery system never stops.  We are going to see a tidal wave of lawsuits completely obliterate employers, major universities, and more here very soon.  The employers and universities who use their brains and listen to their lawyers will tell their students and employees that it is up to them to decide if they want to take the experimental drug or not.  

ok so when the moderna vax is fully approved within a month.... what will be the excuse? 

• Plus1 4

1 hour ago, BigRedN said:

I'd like to ask the members who want to bring in COVID and political views into their posts to go to the Political forum or the Woodshed.  

The vaccine and COVID isn’t political.

the fact that people want to “file” it as political is why we are entering round 2 of this s#!t show.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 2
4 minutes ago, internetman said:

ok so when the moderna vax is fully approved within a month.... what will be the excuse? 

I'm imagining the looks I would have gotten if I would have thrown a fit when the team doctors and trainers told me I needed my knee scoped in college. And hell that was D3 a few years ago. Fact is at places like Nebraska team docs, trainers, nutritionists, strength coaches, position coaches, head coaches make decisions based on what's best for you and the team. The expectation is follow them or leave the team. Usually frowned upon to tell coaches what offense to run, nutritionists what foods to eat and team docs on how to treat and prevent injuries. 

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, BigRedN said:

I call BS on that.  You are posting in a thread entitled, "So NU Should Have Went Back To The Big 12".  At best, you are "off-topic".  Let's enjoy our forum free from political expression and issues where there can be a debate.

There's no reason that covid discussion should be political. The fact that it has become political is the entire freaking problem.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
52 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

150 years ago our life expectancy was 35 to 40 years.  Any idea why?

Hard Labor was the common job and inhaling, ingesting, and practically bathing in chemicals was a big part of those jobs during the industrial revolution, before there were labor law protections for working conditions.  A lot of the heavy labor was done with the arms and back, now we have modern day equipment to move tons in weight with a push of a button. 

Everything around us has become contaminated (again) (on purpose).  Ingestion through the skin of chemical cleaners, pesticides, and sanitizing agents. Water has fluoride and only God knows what in it.  Air has tons of pollutants in it that we constantly inhale.  Food has petroleum seepage from plastic containers and tons of poisonous preservatives in it.  Animals we consume have antibiotics and hormones in them.  Plants that we consume have been genetically altered and are bathed in pesticides.  The genetically altered animals we consume are eating genetically altered plants.  On and on.  

You actually think we are making progress in life expectancy?  We started out with slightly longer lives:

Adam lived to the age of 930 (Gen 5:5) and had a son..
Seth lived to the age of 912 (Gen 5:8) and had a son..
Enos lived to the age of 905 (Gen 5:11) and had a son..
Cainan lived to the age of 910 (Gen 5:14) and had a son..
Mahalaleel lived to the age of 895 (Gen 5:17) and had a son..
Jared lived to the age of 962 (Gen 5:20) and had a son..
Enoch lived to the age of 365 (Gen 5:23) and had a son..
Methuselah lived to the age of 969 (Gen 5:27) and had a son..
Lamech lived to the age of 777 (died 5 years before the flood)(Gen 5:31) and had a son..
Noah lived to the age of 950 (Gen 9:29) and had a son..
Shem lived 600 years (lived 502 years after the flood) and had a son..

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 5
6 minutes ago, Bledred said:

Hard Labor was the common job and inhaling, ingesting, and practically bathing in chemicals was a big part of those jobs during the industrial revolution, before there were labor law protections for working conditions.  A lot of the heavy labor was done with the arms and back, now we have modern day equipment to move tons in weight with a push of a button. 

Everything around us has become contaminated (again) (on purpose).  Ingestion through the skin of chemical cleaners, pesticides, and sanitizing agents. Water has fluoride and only God knows what in it.  Air has tons of pollutants in it that we constantly inhale.  Food has petroleum seepage from plastic containers and tons of poisonous preservatives in it.  Animals we consume have antibiotics and hormones in them.  Plants that we consume have been genetically altered and are bathed in pesticides.  The genetically altered animals we consume are eating genetically altered plants.  On and on.  

You actually think we are making progress in life expectancy?  We started out with slightly longer lives:

Adam lived to the age of 930 (Gen 5:5) and had a son..
Seth lived to the age of 912 (Gen 5:8) and had a son..
Enos lived to the age of 905 (Gen 5:11) and had a son..
Cainan lived to the age of 910 (Gen 5:14) and had a son..
Mahalaleel lived to the age of 895 (Gen 5:17) and had a son..
Jared lived to the age of 962 (Gen 5:20) and had a son..
Enoch lived to the age of 365 (Gen 5:23) and had a son..
Methuselah lived to the age of 969 (Gen 5:27) and had a son..
Lamech lived to the age of 777 (died 5 years before the flood)(Gen 5:31) and had a son..
Noah lived to the age of 950 (Gen 9:29) and had a son..
Shem lived 600 years (lived 502 years after the flood) and had a son..

Wow.... just wow

• Plus1 2