2021 Season Notes

It was a great season by the Huskers. The 2nd set in the finals where they had a 6 point lead early and a bunch of set point opportunities was the turning point.  I don't follow volleyball too much so how does Lexi Sun become an All American, but not good enough to even come off the bench in one season? Are all the others really that much better? It seemed like a couple players struggled a bit last night and maybe Sun or someone else could have helped?

22 minutes ago, Packerhuskerfan said:

It was a great season by the Huskers. The 2nd set in the finals where they had a 6 point lead early and a bunch of set point opportunities was the turning point.  I don't follow volleyball too much so how does Lexi Sun become an All American, but not good enough to even come off the bench in one season? Are all the others really that much better? It seemed like a couple players struggled a bit last night and maybe Sun or someone else could have helped?

I will say I don’t know much about volleyball either. Sun very well may have provided a spark last night but I think Cook knew that too have a chance to be a championship team he needed somebody to take a step above what Lexi could provide. Cook rolled with Krause and Batenhorst early in the year to try and take this team to the next level and it paid off. Wisconsin has been a better team for a couple years but you could say we were just as good as them last night, we just made a few more errors. Really a brilliant job of coaching by Cook if you ask me.

25 minutes ago, Packerhuskerfan said:

Also I’m not sure if you’re referring to Batenhorst as the one struggling but she was having to take a lot of really tough swings. She wasn’t getting a lot of good looks to help her out.