2021 Season Notes

Dani Busboom Kelly was awarded a 6 year contract after they lost to Wisconsin.  However, I thought I saw a tweet this morning saying that the contract allows her to leave for Nebraska without a buyout.  

Did anyone else see something about that?

That would be interesting if/when Cook retires, if we would bring her back to Lincoln.  She's obviously shown she can make it as a HC.

Unfortunately, I can't find the tweet now.

I was under a similar impression that Hildebrand coming back from USA volleyball put him in the driver's seat for whenever Coach Cook might have retired, but apparently he just wanted back in the college game. Dude is a damn good coach, and I was hoping he would stick around for awhile. 

That being said, Busboom is probably at the front of the line now. 

• Plus1 1

5 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

I was under a similar impression that Hildebrand coming back from USA volleyball put him in the driver's seat for whenever Coach Cook might have retired, but apparently he just wanted back in the college game. Dude is a damn good coach, and I was hoping he would stick around for awhile. 

That is interesting to me, I always thought that Busboom was the clear choice to replace Cook. I mean I would be happy with either but IMO Busboom would be my selection. 

• Fire 1

It is interesting that Busboom has in her current contract a no buy-out clause if she were to leave for Nebraska.  I am sure Tyler was thinking he would be HC a little sooner than 4/5 more years.  Being a HC will be great experience for him. We have lost good/great coaches before.  HCJC will come up with a great plan for the program.

21 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

Yeah, I agree about Hildebrand.  It seems to exactly mirror the Pettit/Cook transition.  But apparently not.

• Fire 1