Jump to content


Former NY Gov Cuomo Corruption and Legal Issues


Recommended Posts


  • RedDenver changed the title to Former NY Gov Cuomo Corruption and Legal Issues
  • 3 months later...

This whole thing reeks. To be clear I do not condone any of the actions by the Cuomo's - however, this serves as another example of Democrats being all to willing to eat their own, and weaken their party, their platform, and their messaging, further empowering the GOP who have done much worse, repeatedly, circle the wagons and in fact further empower their worst perpetrators. The stuff the Cuomo's got in trouble for would be celebrated by the right because it "triggers the libs."

 

There are several instances of the Dems sacrificing their own most vocal and most capable on the altar of extremist public opinion. Al Franken comes to mind among others. This damages the entire a whole, even more so that the manufactured and often paid for (IMO) scandal. The republicans know this pattern and have been caught paying for hit pieces to manufacture scandal and silence up and coming leaders on the left. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment

1 minute ago, Born N Bled Red said:

This whole thing reeks. To be clear I do not condone any of the actions by the Cuomo's - however, this serves as another example of Democrats being all to willing to eat their own, and weaken their party, their platform, and their messaging, further empowering the GOP who have done much worse, repeatedly, circle the wagons and in fact further empower their worst perpetrators. The stuff the Cuomo's got in trouble for would be celebrated by the right because it "triggers the libs."

 

There are several instances of the Dems sacrificing their own most vocal and most capable on the altar of extremist public opinion. Al Franken comes to mind among others. This damages the entire a whole, even more so that the manufactured and often paid for (IMO) scandal. The republicans know this pattern and have been caught paying for hit pieces to manufacture scandal and silence up and coming leaders on the left. 

First of all, Chris Cuomo should NOT be the voice of any party in the position he was in at a network.  The fact that he was, tends to be part of the problem.  Viewing his firing as the Dems eating their own is a symptom of the problem too.  Chris Cuomo is not a politician.  He was a news anchor ....which should be as impartial as possible.  The idea that he's some form of voice of a party in that position is a problem.

 

I would greatly prefer any party getting rid of people like these brothers in these situations.  The fact that the Republicans refuse to do it should not be the deciding factor in the Dems not doing it.

  • Plus1 3
Link to comment
25 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

First of all, Chris Cuomo should NOT be the voice of any party in the position he was in at a network.  The fact that he was, tends to be part of the problem.  Viewing his firing as the Dems eating their own is a symptom of the problem too.  Chris Cuomo is not a politician.  He was a news anchor ....which should be as impartial as possible.  The idea that he's some form of voice of a party in that position is a problem.

 

I would greatly prefer any party getting rid of people like these brothers in these situations.  The fact that the Republicans refuse to do it should not be the deciding factor in the Dems not doing it.

 

While I don't disagree with you on principle. It does not change the fact that it damages and weakens the entire party and its platform. 

 

Bill O'Riley is an achor, Tucker Carlson is an Ancher, Kieth Olberman is an anchor, Shepard Smith is an anchor, Rush Limbaugh was talk radio, Rachel Maddow is an anchor. 

 

You know what they all ahve in common? They are all seen as thought leaders and shape the minds and hearts of their viewers for their political ideology. In each case they are more well known than any single politician minus the President. Doesn't matter what they "should be," what matters is that they are. Democrats can cling to their principles and eat their own at any hint of scandal all they want. It won't help them win any election. All it does is give the other side more ammo, a cheap victory to celebrate, and a weaker opposition voice. 

Link to comment
4 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

 

While I don't disagree with you on principle. It does not change the fact that it damages and weakens the entire party and its platform. 

 

Bill O'Riley is an achor, Tucker Carlson is an Ancher, Kieth Olberman is an anchor, Shepard Smith is an anchor, Rush Limbaugh was talk radio, Rachel Maddow is an anchor. 

 

You know what they all ahve in common? They are all seen as thought leaders and shape the minds and hearts of their viewers for their political ideology. In each case they are more well known than any single politician minus the President. Doesn't matter what they "should be," what matters is that they are. Democrats can cling to their principles and eat their own at any hint of scandal all they want. It won't help them win any election. All it does is give the other side more ammo, a cheap victory to celebrate, and a weaker opposition voice. 

Most of the people you listed are not anchors.  They are opinion talking heads on news networks.  Your post is another example of the problem and that's the fact that people believe they ARE anchors and providing them with factual information.

Link to comment
Just now, BigRedBuster said:

Most of the people you listed are not anchors.  They are opinion talking heads on news networks.  Your post is another example of the problem and that's the fact that people believe they ARE anchors and providing them with factual information.

 

Again- I do not disagree at all, whatsoever. But there is what should be, and what is. What is, is that the democrats consistently play with self-imposed rules that the other side laughs at. It's no different than the Big10 playing 10 league games while the SEC laughs its way to the playoff. Its why the left side has no answer for Faux News, its why McConnell got Trump and the Rich everything they wanted, while Obama and Biden's agendas went nowhere. They are ruthless and win at all costs. Democrats are soft, idealistic, and believe in fair play. Newsflash- fair play doesn't exist on the other side of the isle anymore. 

 

In a perfect world no one like the Cuomo's would be in power, and certainly no one like Trump would be wealthy or rewarded for a lifetime of crookedness with power. This is not a perfect world. Democrats need to realize that, or they will watch the country crumble into fascism while drowning on their principles. 

Link to comment
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.




×
  • Create New...