Nebraska Announcement Coming Tomorrow? (Dan Lusk news)

Just now, Undone said:

So WTF do we think this is again? Some kind of action or story about how football almost didn't happen last year?

Is that roughly it?

who f'n knows bro... i hope it starts with an honest dialogue of "ive been stuck at home for 18 months now and was bored AF and made this documentary in my basement"

1 hour ago, Undone said:

So WTF do we think this is again? Some kind of action or story about how football almost didn't happen last year?

Is that roughly it?

I get the impression it's supposed to be the inside story of what happened in the weeks between the B1G cancelling football, saying it won't be revisited and then the sudden about face and a season happening. 

There are some interesting storylines in there like the NU players lawsuit, that other lawyer doing tons of FOA requests, tOSU parents protest, etc. I think most people assume something wasn't up to snuff or was being covered up and the B1G gave in to playing to stop all the requests into it. There's probably an interesting story in there, but a long article would suffice. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

I tuned out when he talked about the "mystery" of the cancelation then sudden un-cancelation of the Big 10 football season. 

It wasn't a mystery, scandal, or conspiracy. It was an entirely predictable clusterf#&%.

A clusterf#&% shared by large organizations with public health obligations all over the world during an unprecedented pandemic. 

The Big 10 could have handled it better.  But of all the muck-raking documentaries that need to be made, this isn't one of them. 

• Plus1 5
On 8/5/2021 at 7:53 PM, Lorewarn said:

My best contextual guess without knowing anything and almost assuredly being wrong is some sort of documentary exposé that paints us in a positive light fighting for the season.

I'll give myself a little pat on the back for my one correct prediction on the year.

I don't have any negative feelings towards this guy as a person but he went about all of this completely the wrong way and it screams of desperately trying to hype up something because it doesn't have enough hype intrinsically built in to it. He seems to have gotten high off the attention from Nebraska's rabid online base last year going to bat for us in our fight for football, and is now trying to co-opt our fanbase into more attention. Just feels weird and slimey.

• Plus1 4

Well played click bait move. I haven't seen this good of click bait in a few years. This could have been wrapped up in a single tweet, "Big Ten mismanaged playing football last year and Nebraska was a huge part in getting the season to be played." I think that fits that 160 characters?

Instead this guy hyped this thing up like it was some major bombshell news. I'll give it to him, I stayed up late last night thinking maybe something would leak in the early hours and I woke up early this morning constantly refreshing his twitter feed. I've found myself completely unimpressed.

Given my weakness to fall for this, I will avoid a used car dealership for a few months.

• Plus1 3

I am a big fan of the 30/30 or E60 type productions that deep dive into scandals. 

I think the inner-workings of last years season/no season/lawsuits/season would be interesting but this guy seems like he is just trying to get money and maybe the reason networks wouldnt take it on is because he didnt actually have any sources.

I think it is great to talk to people like Erin Sorenson who follow the Huskers, but all she can do is speculate. Unless you have someone on the inside with actual information, it is a fluff piece at best.

The face he is also asking for money while spouting "Nebraska saved the big ten" seems like he is pandering. 

I am not nearly as concerned as others that this will hurt the Nebraska program because I highly doubt anyone apart of the program is talking. 

10 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

What if Dan Lust is also the magical sock puppet from many years ago? 

I'm putting together a documentary on this exact possibility. Is Dan Lust the Sock Puppet? Have some bombshell evidance included in my trailer dropping later this week. Stay glued to this thread for updates, and trust me, Big Sock Puppet Corporations are NOT gonna like what I have uncovered.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
25 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I'm putting together a documentary on this exact possibility. Is Dan Lust the Sock Puppet? Have some bombshell evidance included in my trailer dropping later this week. Stay glued to this thread for updates, and trust me, Big Sock Puppet Corporations are NOT gonna like what I have uncovered.  

You need to start sharing this on twitter.

• Oh Yeah! 1