Pelini’s interview on The Boys podcast

30 minutes ago, KingBlank said:

End thread this is the most correct take. 

It was me that "+1"ed.

I wanted to claim that before people assumed @teachercd was "liking" his own posts.  He wouldn't do that.  Experienced posters know he's too busy prepping pickup lines for college chicks since his going to the bars in Lincoln in a few short weeks...

• Haha 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1

1 hour ago, funhusker said:

It was me that "+1"ed.

I wanted to claim that before people assumed @teachercd was "liking" his own posts.  He wouldn't do that.  Experienced posters know he's too busy prepping pickup lines for college chicks since his going to the bars in Lincoln in a few short weeks...

I see you are following my snapchat stories!

On 8/14/2021 at 8:04 AM, Dr. Strangelove said:

He also started offering random players on good high school teams because they had a philosophy that players from a winning team had a winning attitude. 

It's why they offered a lot of questionable State Champion QBs and why they offered all the bad players from Edna Karr High School (all three players left the program before the end of training camp).

He recruited a lot of talent, and did a good job of developing it. But he did start making a few questionable choices towards the end of his tenure.

Thank you for proving my earlier point about going out of your way to avoid giving him any credit.

Definitely highlight the misses he had and completely ignore that his last full class (2014) had six NFL players in it.

• Plus1 3

Here is what I have learned,

I thought Solich should have been fired, I was wrong

I was excited about Callahan, I was wrong

I thought Bo should have been fired, I was wrong

I was excited about Riley, I was wrong

I thought Frost was the savior, I appear to be wrong  (that can still change)

I am probably an average, stupid, hopeful, still want to see greatness again, Husker Fan.

I just want the season to start so we can complain/celebrate something different.

• Plus1 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
51 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

I am probably an average, stupid, hopeful, still want to see greatness again, Husker Fan.

I just want the season to start so we can complain/celebrate something different.

You just managed to sum up 20 years and about thousands of Huskerboard posts in one go.

The season can't get here soon enough, this offseason has been one of the longest ever since last season was a weird half season with no fans.  Basically been 2 years since the last normal year.

10 hours ago, NowledgeableFan said:

Bo was a good coach and should have been kept.  How do those 9 wins sound now.  

I'm still hope'in in Frost.....

Bo had about the same success here that he had at YSU, a much easier job comparatively.  When he got called back up to be the Defensive Guru he supposedly is, he took a National Champion Defense and turned them into the same Defense that let a subpar Wisconsin team run 70pts on them.  He's not Power 5 material, not without a staff that can reign him in and recruit for him.

I say this as one of his biggest supporters.  When he was released, I'd only recently begun accepting his tenure was not going to get any better.  We were what we would always be under him, maybe worse looking at how quickly Riley tanked it.  A part of my fandom really took a hit during his release and I haven't gotten it back.  But I'm a Nebraska fan first and foremost.  I just wish this program wasn't cursed to be awful.

• Plus1 1
14 hours ago, Crusader Husker said:

Did I get drunk last night and make a post under a new account? In all seriousness, I feel the same way brother. 

15 hours ago, Mavric said:

Thank you for proving my earlier point about going out of your way to avoid giving him any credit.

Definitely highlight the misses he had and completely ignore that his last full class (2014) had six NFL players in it.

I think it is more to the point that he fell apart in important games (or more accurately described as a spectacularly imploded) because he had a flawed roster with a lot of talent in some areas bit completely lacking in others.

That isn't to say he isn't Nebraska's best coach this century, he is.