Pelini’s interview on The Boys podcast

5 hours ago, teachercd said:

Yeah, we have the same definition but you are just cherry picking.  

Remember the shutout again Zona, remember beating the s#!t out of back to back top 15 Mizzo and Okie State, remember beating OU at night at home...remember finishing the seasons ranked and either 1/2 in the division.

You don't need to try so hard.

I f'n loved those games.  If I had those teams every year I'd be content and chances are high Bo probably is still the coach here (assuming he kept his temper in check)

But, in my opinion, the level of play we had the last 2.5-4 years was the not the same as the first half of his tenure which those games you outlined fell into.  

• Plus1 4

I don’t think there is any side innocent to Bo’s departure/tenure. Fans leaving games at halftime and threats/taunts to the team on social media or in person or even family (so dirty), media leaking audio, administrators not supporting their coaches, and ultimately coaches not getting players prepared and losing their minds on the sideline.

Can argue who’s impact was greater, but in the end it’s just a negative culture, and for any coach to survive they have to have a strong culture in place - which is why Bo was able to be successful without a support system. Bo, was not the guy for several reasons, which is why I was OK with him being let go, still am content with that decision, but the administrators were not the right people either and needed to go before Bo did. We reap what we sow and it’s going to take time to see the progress after implementing changes. Just like it took time to watch a world beater become a punching bag. 

• Plus1 6
  • Fire 1

The bo thing was so long ago, nobody cares. 

9 wins, cupcake games, 4 losses.  Pretty sure we talked about it daily 8-10 years ago.  Gave credit, for sure.  Gave criticism, for sure.

When the thread started again (duplicate topic, weeks after), nobody gave a s#!t.

Nobody gives a s#!t anymore anyway. 

The reason it has been lightly discussed at all, is because Someone was having fun stirring up bulls#!t and obviously trolling yall......first 3 pages. 

The rest of the world doesn't give a s#!t.  Welcome to 2021