Going to K-State Game

Alley

This is my first post here. I was just looking for some feedback. I'm going to the K-State game this year and have never been to an away game. I'm just wondering what should I expect. I got tickets for the N. Endzone General Admission. So I was kinda wondering how this works as well. Do you have to bring your own chair, or do you sit on the ground? How early do you need to get there to get a good spot? And do you think I'll find some other Husker fans to sit by? Will I get beat up? (hehe). Thx.

i went to gay state a few years back, '04 to be precise, not sure about the North EndZone seating if it's anything like ia st. you'll have to sit on the ground or bring a seat...time wise i don't know, i didn't get beat up, not even looked at really, and yes you'll probably find some husker fans to sit with.

This is my first post here.  I was just looking for some feedback.  I'm going to the K-State game this year and have never been to an away game.  I'm just wondering what should I expect.  I got tickets for the N. Endzone General Admission.  So I was kinda wondering how this works as well.  Do you have to bring your own chair, or do you sit on the ground?  How early do you need to get there to get a good spot?  And do you think I'll find some other Husker fans to sit by?  Will I get beat up? (hehe).  Thx.

Hey Alley... KSU fan here... I'd love to say that you will be treated with respect and as a guest to our town... You would be treated that way by me and everyone in my tailgate. However, I would tell you to expect an occasional A-hole or two... Every school has them, and to be honest most KSU fans look at Nebraska as our biggest rival, so the occasional college kid will be a jerk because of what you are wearing. Let me be the first to apologize for them. My advice, just greet them with a smile and keep walking, I've never seen physical violence at a KSU game unless it was started by the opposing fan. (Colorado)

As for getting there early, I have no idea. The north end zone is being completely remodeled this year, from what I've read it will have either bench seating or individual chairs. I don't think it will be reserved seating, so that leads me to believe that they will be benches. In the past it was never intended to have seats. When games started selling out, they put lawn chairs there and called it the End Zone "fun zone". Pretty lame and no one ever sat there if they could help it. This year may be the same way or it may be the most popular location due to the remodeling.

What it should look like:

ESGBUVXNVDNTHVM.20051117160502.jpg

If it were me, I would get there an hour before the gates open... three hours before the game starts and claim my seats. But I'm pretty die hard. You'd probably get pretty good seats just being there when the gates open two hours before the game or even strolling in an hour before the game.

Hope you enjoy your trip, and if you stumble across section 13 row 16 seats 31 & 32, feel free to say hi to my wife, myself and my then 10 month old son. Good luck to you and your season... except for OCT. 14th of course.

One other thing; The KSU vs. NU game will be "Harley Day" It's one of our newest traditions going back 15 years or so. Not every game is like that, we typically reserve Harley day for the biggest home opponent of the season. So that just shows you how highly KSU thinks of Nebraska. Basically, a select group of Catbackers bring their "hogs" into the stadium, circling the field, revving their engines... Depending on your location in the stadium it is the loudest thing you can experience at Bill Snyder Family Stadium. They usually have anywhere from 200 -300 Harley’s in there. It's good times. So just know that going in we are all not greasy bikers and that is not a game by game tradition, but just a once a year occurrence.

I ordered my tickets through the KState ticket office. I am in the North end zone and the lady stated that there will be benches, but not reserved.

Nice people, very helpfull.

I am not the normal Nebraska fan. KState has been one of my favorites for a long time. Pretty much since Snyder took over. I admire how he brought them from the bottom of college football to very near the top. You guys have a reason to be proud. I know times have been tough lately, but the idea of how to do it is there now. Good luck except on the 14th.

I ordered my tickets through the KState ticket office. I am in the North end zone and the lady stated that there will be benches, but not reserved.

Nice people, very helpfull.

I am not the normal Nebraska fan. KState has been one of my favorites for a long time. Pretty much since Snyder took over. I admire how he brought them from the bottom of college football to very near the top. You guys have a reason to be proud. I know times have been tough lately, but the idea of how to do it is there now. Good luck except on the 14th.

What is a normal Nebraska fan?

:dunno

***SNIP***

My advice, just greet them with a smile and keep walking, I've never seen physical violence at a KSU game unless it was started by the opposing fan.  (Colorado)

***SNIP***

Violence from a Colorado fan? Surely you jest - they're always so well-behaved...

:sarcasm

he does not.

and don't call him 'Surely'.