Nebraska & Coach Frost under NCAA investigation

Earlier this year, Frost and Lambrecht were key proponents, along with other administrators, in trying to drop Nebraska’s Sept. 18 game at Oklahoma, a source said.

In March, I reported Nebraska was trying to get out of playing OU, marking the 50th anniversary of the 1971 OU-NU Game of the Century. Nebraska contacted several Group of 5 Conference schools to replace Oklahoma on the schedule, sources told me. However, once my report became public, the negative blowback from Nebraska’s fan base forced the Huskers to play the game as scheduled.

“Frost and Gerrod Lambrecht shopped around trying to find a replacement for Oklahoma without the permission of (then-athletic director) Bill Moos,” a source said. “Frost was in favor of removing the Oklahoma game.”

Moos, who announced his retirement as NU’s AD three months later in June, “jumped on the grenade for that debacle” and took the public relations hit, a source said.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 2

19 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:
Earlier this year, Frost and Lambrecht were key proponents, along with other administrators, in trying to drop Nebraska’s Sept. 18 game at Oklahoma, a source said.

In March, I reported Nebraska was trying to get out of playing OU, marking the 50th anniversary of the 1971 OU-NU Game of the Century. Nebraska contacted several Group of 5 Conference schools to replace Oklahoma on the schedule, sources told me. However, once my report became public, the negative blowback from Nebraska’s fan base forced the Huskers to play the game as scheduled.

“Frost and Gerrod Lambrecht shopped around trying to find a replacement for Oklahoma without the permission of (then-athletic director) Bill Moos,” a source said. “Frost was in favor of removing the Oklahoma game.”

Moos, who announced his retirement as NU’s AD three months later in June, “jumped on the grenade for that debacle” and took the public relations hit, a source said.

"There's no way Frost would try and cancel the OU game". 

• Plus1 2