Nebraska & Coach Frost under NCAA investigation

Preface: Still hard to say whether or not this "Frost tried to back out of the OU game" stuff is entirely true or not.

But anyway. Based on what I think I know of Frost, it doesn't really seem like him to want to pull out of that game. Super fierce competitor, etc.

But on the other hand if I'm putting myself in his shoes...a man can only take so much humiliation. We already have one embarrassing blowout on the schedule this season; wouldn't have technically hurt things at all to just replace that game with a winnable one. Just would have been hard to pull it off with the media without this kind of debacle...and then the debacle happens anyway.

That's one of the many unfortunate parts.

• Haha 5

The rules are there and well known by staff and many fans.  They're either followed to the T or they're broken.  Plea bargaining over some perceived grey area is all SF has in this. 

Does seem rather chicken poo though, along with the seeming selective nature of the NCAA's investigations. 

• Plus1 1

Individually none of this stuff is a huge deal. Added up and combined with a 12-20 record, it starts to mean something. And if anyone knows Trev or listened to his presser - they'd know sneaking around the AD for improper workouts and trying to move a huge game will not be tolerated. Winning cures all, still holds true, but I would not want to be Frost after this year and less then 6 wins - s#!t is starting to add up. 

• Plus1 4