Nebraska & Coach Frost under NCAA investigation

3 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Back to the thread, the worst part about all this is the public perception of the football program. They can't get out of their own way. 

I don’t think anyone cares about this except for snitch journalists and those who get wrapped up on it in social media and message boards. 

• Plus1 6
3 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

Yeah and Saban just happens to run into recruits during the dead period while walking through the hallways of their school for unrelated reasons. 

We need to just find a way to be sneakier about this in the future like any good program is. 

Every single school does this with analysts. You're just supposed to not get caught on video doing it.

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Well, we can put to bed the idea that Frost wasn't taking special teams seriously and wanting them to improve.

1 hour ago, suh_fan93 said:

Yeah he was definitely doing everything and then some to address ST so it seems.

I disagree fellas. He didn't do everything,  he could have actually hired a ST coach and this wouldn't have been an issue with on field coaching.  

I think we were one of just 5 Power 5 teams without a full time ST coordinator last year.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
1 minute ago, LumberJackSker said:

Sorry if this has been answered already but was this self reported or is the Moos' parting gift for frost?

I can’t see Moos being the accuser here.  I could see a disgruntled former player and/or his family though…., but at this point anything is just wild speculation. 

• Plus1 1
29 minutes ago, hskrfan4life said:

Also, for these rumors about Scott and his wife. Let's not do that. Private life is private life.

Not that I'm disagreeing with you but if these same rumors were floating around about the head coach of a rival school.  We'd be blowing it up and roasting the s#!t out of them...

• Plus1 3
12 minutes ago, Savage Husker said:

I don’t think anyone cares about this except for snitch journalists and those who get wrapped up on it in social media and message boards. 

I think recruits, potential future coaches and staff members care quite a bit.

Who would want to work for a program full of back stabbing? What high school player wants to come a laughingstock when you can go to a real program?

College Football, more than any other sport, depends on perception. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Farms said:

Not that I'm disagreeing with you but if these same rumors were floating around about the head coach of a rival school.  We'd be blowing it up and roasting the s#!t out of them...

Then let other school's fans do it.  Why do it as a fan of this program and only make them more well known to other fans?

• Thanks 4

Not hard to connect the dots & realize that the sudden & swift “retirement” of Moos was directly related to the school’s awareness of this situation. Either he agreed to look the other way, or attempted to maintain plausible deniability, or was truly ignorant but should have known. Nebraska’s swift action in removing him from the position may have been another way of demonstrating that it was not school-sanctioned & done in hopes of reducing any penalty that may be forthcoming.

It also makes one take a fresh look at the Alberts hire at AD (I wonder if the school was open with Trev about what they knew he would quickly be dealing with, during the interview process - or when he DID first learn of it?

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I think recruits, potential future coaches and staff members care quite a bit.

Who would want to work for a program full of back stabbing? What high school player wants to come a laughingstock when you can go to a real program?

College Football, more than any other sport, depends on perception. 

Who is back stabbing? 

IMO, college football depends on winning and that will cure any of these allegations brought to light. The story is just one big salacious round of telephone, to which the “issues” are drummed up. 

If there’s something more then I’ll listen, but for now I don’t think they recruits or coaches they’d want to bring it would care, and in fact they can use this to weed people out. It’s just as good to know who to keep away from your program as it is to bring in. 

• Plus1 5