Nebraska & Coach Frost under NCAA investigation

Just now, gossamorharpy said:

Eh, I think its actually more of a problem then you think it is... I thought I read somewhere we ranked like 110 last year in the nation in 2nd half scoring and it hasnt been that great overall the past few years

Scratch that, its even worse....

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/stat/2nd-half-points-per-game?date=2021-01-12

8 from being dead last lol

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
24 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

Its similar to the quality of this story.

I do find one element intriguing, and that's my amazement that Trev wasnt made aware of this until after he was hired lol... Don;t necessarily think this would change things but if I'm Trev, isn;t there an element of wtf guys towards our upper admins that they wouldnt bring this up?  

Perhaps its because this will be a non story pretty soon but hot damn i'd be kinda pissed if this wasnt disclosed during the hiring process

Or they're confident enough in what the actual story is or how serious it is that they weren't/aren't worried about it.

• Plus1 1

9 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

It would be quite the redemption story if Frost is still somehow the coach at Nebraska 3 years from now. He is backed so far up against the wall that the insulation is tickling his a** crack.

4 minutes ago, hskrfan4life said:

Well after this season, I assure you he will. Just got that feeling.

A feeling about him still being the coach, not being the coach, tickling his a** crack?  :lol:

Anyway, fwiw I think he can weather this with a good REAL good season.  The cheating he's accused of is a breaking of the rules, for sure, but in the overall scheme of NCAA rules it seems like small potatoes. 

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

image.gif.29e71c63c60788452e07fdd7266c9cb4.gif

So years ago, I was coaching a middle school team and we lost in the first round of the playoffs.

Well, I had plans for a Husker road trip the next weekend BUT our stupid consolation game was going to be on Saturday.  Luckily after a few phone calls I was able to get the game rescheduled for like Thursday at 5pm hahaha.  Good times!

• Haha 2

The NCAA allowed analysts to participate in practice last season after the season was rescheduled.  So, I don't see how this can be related to Rutledge.  

I'm reminded of the Jerry Tartkanian line, "when the NCAA is mad at Kentucky, they put Cleveland State under probation".  Insert snarky NU comment here

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, floridacorn said:

The NCAA allowed analysts to participate in practice last season after the season was rescheduled.  So, I don't see how this can be related to Rutledge.  

I'm reminded of the Jerry Tartkanian line, "when the NCAA is mad at Kentucky, they put Cleveland State under probation".  Insert snarky NU comment here

Baylor recently made the NCAA look weak[er] 

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, teachercd said:

Why cooperate with the NCAA, no one has to answer their questions.

Just say "Yeah, we can meet" set up a meeting for like 6 weeks out and then cancel and set up a new one.

They can't call you in for questioning, they can't arrest you.

Exactly! I'm pretty sure my local homeowners association has more subpoena power than the NCAA.

• Haha 1
18 minutes ago, schriznoeder said:

Exactly! I'm pretty sure my local homeowners association has more subpoena power than the NCAA.

Probably not a lot of subpoena power.  But plenty of the kind of power than can keep football programs out of bowl games and off the playoff picture

2 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Bill Moos allowed a story to be published - on the condition that he's retired - that throws Frost under the bus. Accusations that Frost denied today.

They're publicly blaming each other. This is a bad look. There is no way to spin this as a positive, although the effort to do so is admirable. 

Had no idea it was Moos. That’s news to me. Thank you