Nebraska & Coach Frost under NCAA investigation

My opinion that absolutely no one asked for.

1)  This is small.  Is there speculation there is something bigger they may find in the process?  I wonder?

2)  I have seen the word cover-up.  Not sure if that is correct or not?  That word bothers me the most.

3)  If Husker football lays another egg, this makes it easier, if all of this happened, to move on from SF.

4)  There have been rumors of the athletic department being a hot mess and full of leaks.  Trev may move a lot of people on after this in Husker Athletics.

• Plus1 6

I have no idea why this thing is staying atop the headlines, not just locally within the Nebraska media, but the national sports media. It's extremely minor, yet they keep putting gasoline on the flames. If the sports media wanted to actually do something, they'd put pressure on the NCAA for their failing of doing nothing against Baylor instead of being on Nebraska's infractions all week.

Maybe it is just me, but each tweet and each article I read from sports writers on this topic, both locally and nationally is this, "tsk tsk tsk, what a horrible thing Nebraska and Frost did, unbelievable, can you believe this? Wow Frost is in trouble." Yet I haven't seen any of these media members trying to make a real difference and putting pressure on the NCAA for their failed actions against Baylor.

It just seems like a collective attack on Nebraska and Frost, when really the current sports news scandal topic should be a collective call out of how pathetic the NCAA was on Baylor and their atrocious violations.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

Does Frost have a great record at Nebraska? Currently no he does not.

But what has Frost done this last year? He fought to have a 2020 season, and then he worked, although wasn't supposed to, to have practices because why? Because he wanted his team to be better and win. If these are the starting pieces to try and get Frost out, or to make it easier to fire Frost if he has another bad year, it still looks silly. Why? Because the besides not winning, the most egregious thing Frost would have done was trying to play and practice football when he was told he couldn't play or practice football.

If anything all this has made me support and like Frost even more. Guy wanted and fought to play football and have a season when the conference was about to shut it down. Then he organized a way to practice football when maybe he was told he couldn't. Frost is trying to win.

• Plus1 3
  • Oh Yeah! 5

24 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

My opinion that absolutely no one asked for.

1)  This is small.  Is there speculation there is something bigger they may find in the process?  I wonder?

2)  I have seen the word cover-up.  Not sure if that is correct or not?  That word bothers me the most.

3)  If Husker football lays another egg, this makes it easier, if all of this happened, to move on from SF.

4)  There have been rumors of the athletic department being a hot mess and full of leaks.  Trev may move a lot of people on after this in Husker Athletics.

Naw man, F that... I keep coming back to this pointless thread that has way too many posts given how minor of a story this is to read your thoughts.  bout god damn time you chimed in here

• Haha 3
  • Oh Yeah! 1

I think whats fair is fair, nebraska is getting the negative press because the world of college sports knows were trying to get up off the turf.  And it makes a compelling story for a once proud program to be struggling as much as ours has been for so long.  Its not to hard or far fetched to think about tryin to get clicks for negative press even though many other universities are doing the same thing.

• Plus1 4
11 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

I think whats fair is fair, nebraska is getting the negative press because the world of college sports knows were trying to get up off the turf.  And it makes a compelling story for a once proud program to be struggling as much as ours has been for so long.  Its not to hard or far fetched to think about tryin to get clicks for negative press even though many other universities are doing the same thing.

If the sports media wants clicks and wants to drive a story, seems like a hell of a story is in Waco where the NCAA did nothing. But nah, let's focus on Nebraska having one too many coaches and practicing when they aren't supposed to.

59 minutes ago, BoNeyard said:

I have no idea why this thing is staying atop the headlines, not just locally within the Nebraska media, but the national sports media. It's extremely minor, yet they keep putting gasoline on the flames. If the sports media wanted to actually do something, they'd put pressure on the NCAA for their failing of doing nothing against Baylor instead of being on Nebraska's infractions all week.

Maybe it is just me, but each tweet and each article I read from sports writers on this topic, both locally and nationally is this, "tsk tsk tsk, what a horrible thing Nebraska and Frost did, unbelievable, can you believe this? Wow Frost is in trouble." Yet I haven't seen any of these media members trying to make a real difference and putting pressure on the NCAA for their failed actions against Baylor.

It just seems like a collective attack on Nebraska and Frost, when really the current sports news scandal topic should be a collective call out of how pathetic the NCAA was on Baylor and their atrocious violations.

After PSU and UNC, and the politics, maybe the NCAA has learned they get egg on the face whenever they stay off the reservation.  This always to be a cute and dry competitive advantage violation of some rule that only an NCAA lawyer can understand.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Do you remember the last time Nebraska was a national story for its poor handling of a scandal, and played the entire season with a chip on its shoulder?

The 1995 National Championship season.

Get ready for an epic year!

I’ll trade some minor petty infractions for a National Title any year!  

• Plus1 2

6 hours ago, Caliborn72 said:

This guy is probably full of BS so I take it with a grain of salt. But not going to lie, Damon Benning made it sound like there was some more going to come out and this has me a little nervous.

Are media guys at the point to hoping there is more so they have a job? 

good story lines out of Lincoln are dwindling. 

21 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

Are media guys at the point to hoping there is more so they have a job? 

good story lines out of Lincoln are dwindling. 

Lars doesnt work in the Nebraska Media. I think he is just a fan. He is hit or miss because I think he only has 1 source. He also tends to lead with stuff without verifying. 

Benning is pretty connected but I dont think he can share what he knows and I think DB wants Nebraska to be good, so I doubt he is rooting for a scandal.

Overall I think most of the Nebraska Media is a "fan" and I doubt they want bad press. Nebraska Media is way less negative or aggressive than about 90% of sports media elsewhere. It is their job to report the news, and some Nebraska fans seem to get butthurt about that.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
2 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Lars doesnt work in the Nebraska Media. I think he is just a fan. He is hit or miss because I think he only has 1 source. He also tends to lead with stuff without verifying. 

Benning is pretty connected but I dont think he can share what he knows and I think DB wants Nebraska to be good, so I doubt he is rooting for a scandal.

Overall I think most of the Nebraska Media is a "fan" and I doubt they want bad press. Nebraska Media is way less negative or aggressive than about 90% of sports media elsewhere. It is their job to report the news, and some Nebraska fans seem to get butthurt about that.

I get what your saying, but I’ve wondered about how the auxiliary people continue to make money off a program that’s not very much fun or rewarding anymore. 

So I guess my point is in absence of winning, interest has to be maintained in whatever way possible. A scandal or coaching changes keep us around- for awhile. 

I bet no no one is praying harder for a winning season than the 1620 guys.