Nebraska & Coach Frost under NCAA investigation

7 hours ago, Bledred said:

When you are pulled over for speeding and 20 cars speed past you.  Breaking the law is breaking the law.  Are we sorry we broke the rules or are we sorry we got caught?

Funny story - I’ve been pulled over 42 times and have only had 2 tickets issued:

#1. I was going 82 in a 65 in the panhandle of Oklahoma. I was in the military, and would pull out my military ID with my license. It was a get out of free jail card nearly every single time. There were two issues: I had a Nebraska hat on, and Texas plates (stationed in Texas). Oh, I also had a radar detector. It was the only time I used one.

#2. Pulled over in Iron County, Utah in a red Subaru Outback for going 83 in a new 80 mph zone. Others were going the same speed as me. They also got pulled over up the road.

I’ve been pulled over for running 92 in a 45 (racing at night, not in city limits or near houses). I’ve been pulled over for going 155mph in Skull Valley, Utah on my bike. That’s usually a trip to the slammer for the night. I didn’t get tickets for either of those. In fact, the cop asked if he could take my bike for a quick ride. “Uh… yes!” He went by at 130+ with no helmet. I can’t imagine the wind in your eyes at that speed.

Policing and regulating are two completely different things, but thank you for the opportunity to tell a funny story.

• Haha 2
  • Oh Yeah! 4

9 hours ago, Decked said:

Got caught. Let’s be real. You gotta do what you gotta do. I’m all for our student athletes getting a protein shake post workout and a little test injection before them. Bring back roidbraska!

Dude, I saw a certain center on the team the other day, won't name names.  Been lanky at least since his high school days.  All of a sudden he has no neck.   It totally changed my outlook on the season, to be honest.

• Haha 1
10 hours ago, Bledred said:

Students hurting other students (Baylor) is a tough thing to pin on the Baylor admin from a legal stand point for the NCAA.  University admin hurting or putting into harms way students is much easier for the NCAA to go after and win if it was to go to the courts.  In other words, we are low hanging fruit right now compared to the legal nightmare that is the Baylor situation.  AND it hits the current hot topic of our times which is covid.  Going after NU for this covid violation will make them look like a gleaming white knight in the eyes of many. 

At Baylor, the coaches and administrators clearly had A LOT of culpability for what happened, and heads rolled because of it. It wasn't just students hurting students: there were multiple failures within the team, coaching staff, and administration that made the problem worse. All of that was clearly realized years ago.

The fact that the NCAA took as long as they did to somehow decide not to hold Baylor accountable from their purview (similar to Penn State), is what makes the NCAA process for these matters such a joke.

• Plus1 3

10 hours ago, Courtesy Flush said:

Funny story - I’ve been pulled over 42 times and have only had 2 tickets issued:

#1. I was going 82 in a 65 in the panhandle of Oklahoma. I was in the military, and would pull out my military ID with my license. It was a get out of free jail card nearly every single time. There were two issues: I had a Nebraska hat on, and Texas plates (stationed in Texas). Oh, I also had a radar detector. It was the only time I used one.

#2. Pulled over in Iron County, Utah in a red Subaru Outback for going 83 in a new 80 mph zone. Others were going the same speed as me. They also got pulled over up the road.

I’ve been pulled over for running 92 in a 45 (racing at night, not in city limits or near houses). I’ve been pulled over for going 155mph in Skull Valley, Utah on my bike. That’s usually a trip to the slammer for the night. I didn’t get tickets for either of those. In fact, the cop asked if he could take my bike for a quick ride. “Uh… yes!” He went by at 130+ with no helmet. I can’t imagine the wind in your eyes at that speed.

Policing and regulating are two completely different things, but thank you for the opportunity to tell a funny story.

Scott Frost just says klaatu barada nikto and the cop calmly turns and leaves. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 3

I have a sinking feeling that this is all being done at the behest of the tippy top of NU.  Moos being pushed out not to long ago reaks of a timely agenda.  This now coming out weeks before the season starts via 'self reporting'.  Why now?  Why not wait until the season starts to minimize media/fan focus?  Starting to look like this is all pre-planned by the uppers.  They may very well have enough evidence to void their contract with Frost and not pay him a penny after letting him go.  Would of had this evidence when they got video of him practicing with the team last summer at High School field during the covid lock-down.  Breaking both NCAA rules and University rules would easily void his contract and would be bullet proof in court.  Was probably a calculated move to see how Frost would fair in the covid season and as things were pretty much the same as the prior two years, the decision was made to move on.  The only question now being when.  I don't think this is just a Frost problem, but an athletic program problem as well.  Trev was hired to clean house and clean house he will.  Notice how nobody was proclaiming Trev was going to be the next AD?  Perhaps the leakers were feed false info (Edward Stewart) to flush them out?  If Trev was pre-selected long ago, you can bet your backside our next HC is also pretty much a done deal.  With Frost trying to get out of the OU game and a wood shed experience coming whether we have Frost or not, I am willing to bet the top brass slow feed the fanbase the details of this scandal until the OU blowout loss and then after that game announce Frost is being let go.  An interim coach would be selected to run the show the rest of the season and the newly already selected HC will be announced in the final week of the season.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, GSG said:

Can't wait to hear Pat Forde blow this s#!t out of proportion

Well, not sure what I expected:

• NCAA is really cracking down on practice times, etc. because they don't have any business in real criminal things (Baylor) so they are focusing on this stuff similar to Arizona St, LSU, aTm basketball, etc. They likened this to NFL practice hours and fines that are levied. They did mention that the NCAA takes so long to decide anything that we might not have a verdict for a few years :dunno 
  • Forde s#!ts on Frost as a coach and as a person
  • Forde talks about the Nebraska fans being nice is only when we're beating teams, supposedly NU fans threw stuff at some OU player back in the day. They did give us props for still showing up considering how we've been pretty bad as of late.
  • One of the other guys mentioned a time when Frost was at Oregon and how he berated a reporter for something
  • Talked about how the B1G West isn't the cakewalk it was when we first joined the conference; noting Iowa and Wisconsin consistency, N'western being better, etc.

• Oh Yeah! 1
47 minutes ago, Bledred said:

I have a sinking feeling that this is all being done at the behest of the tippy top of NU.  Moos being pushed out not to long ago reaks of a timely agenda.  This now coming out weeks before the season starts via 'self reporting'.  Why now?  Why not wait until the season starts to minimize media/fan focus?  Starting to look like this is all pre-planned by the uppers.  They may very well have enough evidence to void their contract with Frost and not pay him a penny after letting him go.  Would of had this evidence when they got video of him practicing with the team last summer at High School field during the covid lock-down.  Breaking both NCAA rules and University rules would easily void his contract and would be bullet proof in court.  Was probably a calculated move to see how Frost would fair in the covid season and as things were pretty much the same as the prior two years, the decision was made to move on.  The only question now being when.  I don't think this is just a Frost problem, but an athletic program problem as well.  Trev was hired to clean house and clean house he will.  Notice how nobody was proclaiming Trev was going to be the next AD?  Perhaps the leakers were feed false info (Edward Stewart) to flush them out?  If Trev was pre-selected long ago, you can bet your backside our next HC is also pretty much a done deal.  With Frost trying to get out of the OU game and a wood shed experience coming whether we have Frost or not, I am willing to bet the top brass slow feed the fanbase the details of this scandal until the OU blowout loss and then after that game announce Frost is being let go.  An interim coach would be selected to run the show the rest of the season and the newly already selected HC will be announced in the final week of the season.

This seems like quite the stretch.  If Frost gets fired, it will have nothing to do with this.  It's also unlikely that it will void his contract.

• Plus1 4
41 minutes ago, Bledred said:

You like losing?  Please run me down a list of accomplishments by Scott Frost since he arrived at NU in 2018. 

Help me understand how you say this isn’t a Frost problem (above) and that it’s an AD problem (and make this statement), but Trev was a big ploy to remove the head coach? And then please explain to me how this process makes it any better going forward, knowing we’ve seen this drill before?

Whatever you saying is going on better be 100% slam dunk or it’s another generation of futility under a terrible administration because we’ve seen this episode before. 

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1