Nebraska & Coach Frost under NCAA investigation

On 8/28/2021 at 11:30 PM, FrantzHardySwag said:

I may have been drinking. But after tonight I’m kinda thinking the violations might have come from in house to stack the deck and get out of a buyout. I’m thinking a booster might have seen the writing on the wall. 

This is correct. With disgruntled ex employees sprinkled in.

Administration has seen the practices. Trev has seen the practices. What do you think everyone saw from practice leading up to the first game?

Everyone knew, aside from some fans, that this was going to be a bad team.

• Plus1 3
  • 2 months later...

So where does the NCAA investigation stand?

The original interpretation of this was that it was the University's way of:
a) Putting Frost on notice regarding this season's results
b) Giving Nebraska justification to fire him "with cause" which would free them from the $20M payout.

Last I heard Frost had "lawyered up" and it looked like he was preparing to fight for the payout, if that came to fruition.

It has been crickets since then.

Does anybody have any insights on where this all stands?

3 hours ago, cheekygeek said:

b) Giving Nebraska justification to fire him "with cause" which would free them from the $20M payout.

Last I heard Frost had "lawyered up" and it looked like he was preparing to fight for the payout, if that came to fruition.

Good question - Trev has shown support - almost to the point of sweeping all of this under the rug.  

Perhaps there was an agreement - you win X # of games and we'll forget this.  If you don't this will become a 

'thing'.   :dunno

4 hours ago, cheekygeek said:

Well when half the cash will be going away for other "outstanding" decisions, I'd be fighting for the whole sum as well

• 4 months later...
4 hours ago, Mavric said:

Just some rumors I’m picking up thru the grapevines in upstate NY :

So, the NCAA is going to punish NU by taking away 3 of the wins for each of the years 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021.  In addition NU has to eliminate the STs coach for seasons 2022 and 2023.  In return, Neb is allowed to have 50% seating capacity and attendance at home games until Nebraska has two consecutive winning seasons.  

Trev thinks they are close to getting the deal but they just can’t agree on which wins to forfeit from

2020 and 2021.  Frost is also pretty confident that they can get in all the STs coaching that is needed this spring for both seasons ahead of the probation deadline of April 8.

Newly hired, and soon to be returned to his office only position, Bill B, is excited and proud to be the first coach to be hired and fired and rehired three times in Program’s history!   He is once again looking forward to another 2 years of elite video gaming focus in a climate controlled environment!    

Trev says they’re not going to remove Bill’s name from the office door this time since he has agreed to formally apologize to the NCAA and fellow Big Ten members for his not having any role in the STs non-coaching scandal. 

The kicker in the whole deal is that Nebraska has to also guarantee to no longer embarrass the entire Husker Nation with its STs play fir the remainder of this decade.  Trev is all for it but Frost is not sure and needs to “sleep on it’ a few days yet.   But ‘we’re close’ he says!  

The good news is that DONU is creating yet another new tradition in its long legacy of football exceptionalism!   How it plays out will be revealed at a time and place yet to be determined.  

GBR!    

• Haha 1
  • 1 month later...

23 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

What dates are the "championship segment"? 

I think the regular season???

The playing season for some sports is separated into a championship segment (when competition is conducted in which results are counted for postseason selection) and a nonchampionship segment (the segment in which the NCAA championship does not occur).

My guess is he serves the suspension Sept 18-22, aka the 5 days after the OU game, aka the bye week.

• Plus1 2