Nebraska & Coach Frost under NCAA investigation

11 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

Earlier this year, Frost and Lambrecht were key proponents, along with other administrators, in trying to drop Nebraska’s Sept. 18 game at Oklahoma, a source said.

In March, I reported Nebraska was trying to get out of playing OU, marking the 50th anniversary of the 1971 OU-NU Game of the Century. Nebraska contacted several Group of 5 Conference schools to replace Oklahoma on the schedule, sources told me. However, once my report became public, the negative blowback from Nebraska’s fan base forced the Huskers to play the game as scheduled.

“Frost and Gerrod Lambrecht shopped around trying to find a replacement for Oklahoma without the permission of (then-athletic director) Bill Moos,” a source said. “Frost was in favor of removing the Oklahoma game.”

Moos, who announced his retirement as NU’s AD three months later in June, “jumped on the grenade for that debacle” and took the public relations hit, a source said.

Are you freaking kidding me Frost??  If we have another 4-5 win season, Trev will have the easiest decision to make in his life. 

• Plus1 1

12 minutes ago, Bledred said:

That press conference with Trev and Frost looks like a dad explaining to his neighbor that his son broke his window and the son is kinda proud of it. 

Untitled.png

Looking at the body language, Trev is livid.  Frost just went from a hot seat to a fire seat. 

That’s how Trev rolls. He isn’t particularly affable or approachable. I wouldn’t read to much into it. 

• Plus1 3
9 hours ago, admo said:

The idea of pulling out of the OU game is not under ncaa investigation. 

It doesn't matter who wanted to do that or not.  It means nothing other than a little clarification.  That's a separate story and unrelated to ncaa investigation.

This pisses me off far more than having a few extra eyes watching a practice or practicing when told to stop by the NCAA for covid.  Moos took the heat for this even though it was Frost all along who was going over Bill's head to get this game nixed.  Frost was perfectly ok with Moos taking the heat and resigning.  A true man would of held a conference and proclaimed to the world that it was his idea and that Moos had nothing to do with it and apologize for doing as much.  Would that not be doing things "the right way/the Nebraska way"?

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Eh, if you want to be fine with a poor coach who's only accomplishment at Nebraska is getting in his own way unnecessarily, defend him all you want. 

In the meantime, I'm going to hope the Athletic Department resembles something other than a circus. 

Good. You are free to over blow things all you want. 

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 2
1 minute ago, Bledred said:

This pisses me off far more than having a few extra eyes watching a practice or practicing when told to stop by the NCAA for covid.  Moos took the heat for this even though it was Frost all along who was going over Bill's head to get this game nixed.  Frost was perfectly ok with Moos taking the heat and resigning.  A true man would of held a conference and proclaimed to the world that it was his idea and that Moos had nothing to do with it and apologize for doing as much.  Would that not be doing things "the right way/the Nebraska way"?

That's kinda how Frost operates. Scheduling wasn't his idea, he didn't make a call. He okayed the workouts in question with compliance and the administration. Bad snaps were due to Iowa clapping. Riley left him a bad culture. Game flow was ruined by media time outs. I can't see this meshing well with an AD that preaching accountability as one of his core values. 

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, Bledred said:

Jumping back in from taking a hiatus around May

So, is the general thinking that Moos left because he was tired of covering things for Frost? I left thinking Moss was fired? 

Just wild speculation on canceling the Oklahoma game or proof of something?  I left thinking they were just pre-thinking possibilities if the game was canceled or they were trying to fill an off week with a beatable opponent. 

Reading one or two articles about the newest allegations, my wild speculation is that the current AD tipped off the investigation to fire Frost, cheap and fast. 

I have met both. Both are huge egomaniacs with different personalities. I don’t know how the two of them can coexist even while winning. 

This time of year use to be so magical. I don’t even care enough to learn the two deep nor do I have the Gameday menu planned. It is just a week away, right? 

9 hours ago, LumberJackSker said:

Sorry if this has been answered already but was this self reported or is the Moos' parting gift for frost?

This is the blame the victim tendency of our fanbase.  FROST went over the head of Moos in trying to get the OU game cancelled.  FROST remained silent when Moos was taking all of the heat and resigned.  Who is the victim here again?  I can tell you that Trev will not put up with one iota of these games from Frost.  Frost tends to think he walks on water and is untouchable.....*Trev has entered the chat*. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, BoNeyard said:

Frost and the football team basically held practices somewhere to avoid detection from Karen's. 

I don't think people here understand the severity of this violation in the eyes of the Ministry of COVID.  Of which I am sure some of the NCAA brass are a member.  I think we could be facing some very serious penalties with practicing when told to stop by the NCAA during the height of COVID.  As already pointed out we will be getting a slap on the wrist for the extra analyst at practices, but the other violation....the sky is the limit to these people when it comes to punishment.