Jump to content

Nebraska & Coach Frost under NCAA investigation


Recommended Posts

What I like that I don’t think anyone said yet:

 

the players on our team were willing to go lift, practice, and interact with themselves; along w their coaches and analysts when all the BS lockdown people in their offices were trying to prohibit it. 
 

It might not have turned into more wins (sadly) but it shows that the players trusted their coaches and people to go and play some damn football when the powers that be, idiotically, were shutting them down. Good for N and Frost to just keep things rolling. They should be held up as a model of ingenuity and saying F you to all those ivory tower a$$h@!es who are too old to play. Good for us! 

  • Plus1 5
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment

3 hours ago, I am I said:

What I like that I don’t think anyone said yet:

 

the players on our team were willing to go lift, practice, and interact with themselves; along w their coaches and analysts when all the BS lockdown people in their offices were trying to prohibit it. 
 

It might not have turned into more wins (sadly) but it shows that the players trusted their coaches and people to go and play some damn football when the powers that be, idiotically, were shutting them down. Good for N and Frost to just keep things rolling. They should be held up as a model of ingenuity and saying F you to all those ivory tower a$$h@!es who are too old to play. Good for us! 


I asked a question about this earlier, what you may see as willing I wonder if the players felt it was required. I also wonder how common is the hiring of an attorney in these situations for a coach.

  • Plus1 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
3 hours ago, NoKoolAidForME said:

 I ... wonder how common is the hiring of an attorney in these situations for a coach.

 

SF likely has an attorney on retainer or at least on his contacts list.  Anyone in power needs that these days, along with cameras and even witnesses in the area or room with the principle people who are being interacted with. 

  • Plus1 3
Link to comment
15 minutes ago, hagg said:

 

SF likely has an attorney on retainer or at least on his contacts list.  Anyone in power needs that these days, along with cameras and even witnesses in the area or room with the principle people who are being interacted with. 

 

Wouldn't basically anyone talking to investigators want an attorney in the room with them? Genuinely asking; I have no idea. Just doesn't seem as if it'd be uncommon to want a lawyer in a situation like this, regardless of guilt or severity. 

  • Plus1 4
Link to comment

40 minutes ago, J-MAGIC said:

 

Wouldn't basically anyone talking to investigators want an attorney in the room with them? Genuinely asking; I have no idea. Just doesn't seem as if it'd be uncommon to want a lawyer in a situation like this, regardless of guilt or severity. 

 

This is my thought. No matter what your being questioned for you want a lawyer. They are there to tell you when you don't have to answer questions etc. It's way too easy to accidentally incriminate yourself with confusing legal jargon. 

Link to comment
3 minutes ago, Caliborn72 said:

This guy is probably full of BS so I take it with a grain of salt. But not going to lie, Damon Benning made it sound like there was some more going to come out and this has me a little nervous.

If there's more to come out, fine, let's hear it.  But, analysts talking to players and players lifting weights off campus doesn't move the needle on the freak out gauge.

  • Plus1 4
Link to comment
3 minutes ago, Caliborn72 said:

This guy is probably full of BS so I take it with a grain of salt. But not going to lie, Damon Benning made it sound like there was some more going to come out and this has me a little nervous.

Probably what's happening right now is you have all these sports writers bouncing rumors and hearsay around with one another like a bunch of gossips at their local coffee haunt.

 

If his tweet is solely in reference to what we know is part of the confirmed NCAA investigation, then he's being far too dramatic. If it's about other, unconfirmed reports, then he's still being dramatic unless he's willing to actually report details to his name.

 

New flash Lars: every organization, no matter how successful, has naysayers and gossipers who hate the way something is being done and are willing to talk about it. If all you're willing to share is vague platitudes then do us all a favor and be quiet.

  • Plus1 2
Link to comment

This is all starting to feel more and more like someone or some group of people inside the athletic administration are unhappy with Frost and Alberts and are leaking things. I mean to drum up the OU stuff again right before the first game just screams conspiracy. The NCAA investigation has likely been going on for months and it gets leaked right before the game. Someone is unhappy and they are doing this on purpose. 

  • Plus1 7
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Just now, WyoHusker56 said:

This is all starting to feel more and more like someone or some group of people inside the athletic administration are unhappy with Frost and Alberts and are leaking things. I mean to drum up the OU stuff again right before the first game just screams conspiracy. The NCAA investigation has likely been going on for months and it gets leaked right before the game. Someone is unhappy and they are doing this on purpose. 

Well.. yeah. Leaks don't come from happy campers, and this is so minor that is can't be someone who just feels morally obligated to get it out there. 

  • Plus1 1
Link to comment
2 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Well.. yeah. Leaks don't come from happy campers, and this is so minor that is can't be someone who just feels morally obligated to get it out there. 

 

I mean sometimes schools intentionally leak stuff. That's basically how Sipple makes a living he's their "leak" mouth piece. But ya in general leaks like this are from unhappy people. 

Link to comment
9 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

This is all starting to feel more and more like someone or some group of people inside the athletic administration are unhappy with Frost and Alberts and are leaking things. I mean to drum up the OU stuff again right before the first game just screams conspiracy. The NCAA investigation has likely been going on for months and it gets leaked right before the game. Someone is unhappy and they are doing this on purpose. 

 

I would assume this is much more against Frost than Alberts, unless there is a very unhappy UNO Wrestling booster high up in the Nebraska AD. 

  • Plus1 3
Link to comment
9 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

This is all starting to feel more and more like someone or some group of people inside the athletic administration are unhappy with Frost and Alberts and are leaking things. I mean to drum up the OU stuff again right before the first game just screams conspiracy. The NCAA investigation has likely been going on for months and it gets leaked right before the game. Someone is unhappy and they are doing this on purpose. 

 

Could be someone in North Stadium, or it could be some who used to be in North Stadium. Or it could be a booster or something. Like Sipple was saying, we've been through this before, like when some released a recording of Bo years after the fact.

  • Plus1 2
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...