Nebraska & Coach Frost under NCAA investigation

34 minutes ago, Caliborn72 said:

This guy is probably full of BS so I take it with a grain of salt. But not going to lie, Damon Benning made it sound like there was some more going to come out and this has me a little nervous.

Lars is typically pretty solid but he also was the guy who reported Ed Stewart was going to be our new AD. I can't tell if these people are being overdramatic about what's come out, if there's more concerning stuff to come, or if they're talking about the leaks. Who knows but I'll be nervous until it's resolved.

• Plus1 4

27 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

This is all starting to feel more and more like someone or some group of people inside the athletic administration are unhappy with Frost and Alberts and are leaking things. I mean to drum up the OU stuff again right before the first game just screams conspiracy. The NCAA investigation has likely been going on for months and it gets leaked right before the game. Someone is unhappy and they are doing this on purpose. 

And fans who are looking for every tid bit to b!^@h about eat it up.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 2
28 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

This is all starting to feel more and more like someone or some group of people inside the athletic administration are unhappy with Frost and Alberts and are leaking things. I mean to drum up the OU stuff again right before the first game just screams conspiracy. The NCAA investigation has likely been going on for months and it gets leaked right before the game. Someone is unhappy and they are doing this on purpose. 

If I've learned nothing from Alberts over the years at UNO is he's a pretty stone cold killer.  This is a pretty minor scrape all things considered but I wouldn't be completely shocked if I learned that Alberts could've squashed this and chose not too in order to get leverage over Frost and put him in his place.  Alberts is nothing if not a straight shooter and he'll take this stuff really seriously.  I remember there was some NCAA stuff with the UNO hockey team when Blais was the HC and Alberts was pretty hardnosed about everything in terms of self-reporting and getting ahead of it.

ESPN was reporting they have video of the NU practices that were occurring during the lock-down.   Saw this on their bottom screen ticker.  No article to reference just yet.  I think everyone is underestimating this particular infraction and what the NCAA may do to NU to make everyone else never want to break their COVID restrictions.   We could be made an example.

On the up-side, IF Frost lays another rotten egg of a season which would be 4-5 wins (80% probability) and IF we have the NCAA make an example of us for "putting our student athletes in danger during the height of a pandemic" (50% probability).  THEN we get to basically part ways with Frost and not owe him a dime per his contractual agreement to follow NCAA guidelines/rules.  

• Plus1 1

While Lars may be catastrophizing a bit, I think there's definitely some merit to what he's saying. Why is it that Nebraska so consistently has division from within? Why is Nebraska so consistently their own worst enemy? Why are there seemingly so many malcontents at Nebraska? Why do we always tear down our own? Why are there constant leaks, secret audio tapes, rumors and pushing people out of jobs?

I think the Trev hire is bigger than maybe we realized. In his opening press conference he constantly referenced unity and trust. Both of those things have clearly been lacking in our Athletic Department for decades. I don't think he's just here to sound good in front of a microphone, he's here to clean up a deep seated mess.

• Plus1 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
9 minutes ago, Fru said:

While Lars may be catastrophizing a bit, I think there's definitely some merit to what he's saying. Why is it that Nebraska so consistently has division from within? Why is Nebraska so consistently their own worst enemy? Why are there seemingly so many malcontents at Nebraska? Why do we always tear down our own? Why are there constant leaks, secret audio tapes, rumors and pushing people out of jobs?

I think the Trev hire is bigger than maybe we realized. In his opening press conference he constantly referenced unity and trust. Both of those things have clearly been lacking in our Athletic Department for decades. I don't think he's just here to sound good in front of a microphone, he's here to clean up a deep seated mess.

Is Lars referencing these allegations or is he hinting at future stuff? I really can't tell.

• Plus1 1
31 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Why do you hire a "kicking whisperer" if he's not actually going to be coaching the kickers?

They are clearly hiring the Kicking Whisperer to relay detailed technique and instruction through the outside linebackers coach. We are the only program that's ever done this and the death penalty should be considered.

• Haha 1