Nebraska & Coach Frost under NCAA investigation

33 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

That I can see; 1620 was much more vitriolic towards Bo than they were towards Riley or Frost (until this point). 

I don't necessarily buy the "hoping the team is awful" trend, mostly because 4 out of the 5 hosts during the day are alums, and have professed to being fans at one time or another. 

Not awful. More heartbreaking losses or negative stuff on Bo. And honestly Bo brought all that crap on himself.

They were tough on Bo because he treated media like crap for doing their job. Bo was a great coach but his failures were on him.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 2

47 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

That I can see; 1620 was much more vitriolic towards Bo than they were towards Riley or Frost (until this point). 

I don't necessarily buy the "hoping the team is awful" trend, mostly because 4 out of the 5 hosts during the day are alums, and have professed to being fans at one time or another. 

I haven't listened to 1620 for a very long time.  But, back when I did, the afternoon was filled with mainly BlueJay media.  They would find anyway possible to make the Huskers a joke.  I finally decided it wasn't worth listening to.

18 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Not awful. More heartbreaking losses or negative stuff on Bo. And honestly Bo brought all that crap on himself.

They were tough on Bo because he treated media like crap for doing their job. Bo was a great coach but his failures were on him.

100% agree; it was easy to see it as an anti-Nebraska just with everything they could have reported about Bo.

5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I haven't listened to 1620 for a very long time.  But, back when I did, the afternoon was filled with mainly BlueJay media.  They would find anyway possible to make the Huskers a joke.  I finally decided it wasn't worth listening to.

I enjoy 1620, particularly the afternoon show, but I do have to take some breaks during basketball season because of all the Creighton talk they do. 

7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

$$$$. They are a Creighton station and Bish works for them. 

Would be silly to not try and talk about them as much as you can. 

That all being said, I really like Bishop and Josh from a personal stance, but when Kugler left, I lost a lot of interest. Kugler was A+

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
1 minute ago, Minnesota_husker said:

$$$$. They are a Creighton station and Bish works for them. 

Would be silly to not try and talk about them as much as you can. 

That all being said, I really like Bishop and Josh from a personal stance, but when Kugler left, I lost a lot of interest. Kugler was A+

I have no problem with them talking about Creighton.  It's a major program in Nebraska and they deserve the pub.  But, that left me with no reason to listen.

• Fire 1

17 hours ago, Enhance said:

Born in the 80's.

Thanks for responding to that.  I admit to being curious if there is any correlation between age groups and loyalty to the Huskers.  I have no data, only an anecdote here and there, none of which add up to being able to draw a conclusion.  Having said that I'll hazard a guess that older Husker fans are hanging in there with the belief that the Husker football team is meant to return to glory

• Fire 1
33 minutes ago, hagg said:

Thanks for responding to that.  I admit to being curious if there is any correlation between age groups and loyalty to the Huskers.  I have no data, only an anecdote here and there, none of which add up to being able to draw a conclusion.  Having said that I'll hazard a guess that older Husker fans are hanging in there with the belief that the Husker football team is meant to return to glory

I was born in the 60s and don't think we were "meant" to return to glory.  But, I believe we have the resources to return.  At some point, I believe we will even though I don't know when that will be.  But, I'll enjoy watching them while they work towards that goal.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, internetman said:

Some people act like nothing has changed..... You can literally get a ticket 10 mins before the game for $10.

Could you do that in the 80's, 90's or 00's? This is an honest question. I was not here then

Attendance is in decline all across the college football nation.  My school is at a 20 year peak in winning and the house Rockne built does not sell out unless the right kind of people are the visitors. 

I am convinced the problem is the stadium 'atmosphere.'  You cannot carry on a normal bleacher conversation with the neighbors with all of the unnatural distracting noise.

• Fire 1
1 hour ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Attendance is in decline all across the college football nation.  My school is at a 20 year peak in winning and the house Rockne built does not sell out unless the right kind of people are the visitors. 

I am convinced the problem is the stadium 'atmosphere.'  You cannot carry on a normal bleacher conversation with the neighbors with all of the unnatural distracting noise.

The noise and the ribbon boards. I don’t know which one I hate more. 

• Plus1 1