Nebraska & Coach Frost under NCAA investigation

10 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

The more I think about this, this is turning out to be such a nothing that it’s starting to piss me off more. 

Someone purposely leaked this at this time to try to derail the start of the season. There is no other reason this is coming out right now. 

So, to whomever that is…..FU!!!

image.png.4c71d6127200e2ea6e99b23ca09949d1.png

• Haha 8
16 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

The more I think about this, this is turning out to be such a nothing that it’s starting to piss me off more. 

Someone purposely leaked this at this time to try to derail the start of the season. There is no other reason this is coming out right now. 

So, to whomever that is…..FU!!!

It was done to give the administration a way to avoid a massive buyout if we have another losing season. 

I would agree with anyone though that argues that doing so could help contribute to a losing season and make it harder to recruit even if we have a successful season.

However, we have way too much talent this year that I think it would be very bad if we have another losing season.

29 minutes ago, Kentmick said:

It was done to give the administration a way to avoid a massive buyout if we have another losing season. 

I would agree with anyone though that argues that doing so could help contribute to a losing season and make it harder to recruit even if we have a successful season.

However, we have way too much talent this year that I think it would be very bad if we have another losing season.

That would make it a lot harder to poach a top replacement coach, much moreso than whatever happened to Solich 20 years ago.  The U would have a reputation of bad faith dealing. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
33 minutes ago, Kentmick said:

Ummmm.....no.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kentmick said:

It would never hold up in court.  There is a reason Scott made the remark that NU Admin were aware of everything that took place.  He had permission from his boss, so no way we would be off the hook for the buyout.  

I would also argue that this will have absolutely zero negative impact on recruiting.  You do realize that kids are wanting to come here to be coached.  What Nebraska did was try to provide extra coaching during a screwed up year- just like a lot of other programs did.  If we were winning, it doesn't even make the news.  

Your third point, however obvious it may be, is correct.  Another losing season would be bad- go figure.

• Plus1 1
36 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

It would never hold up in court.  There is a reason Scott made the remark that NU Admin were aware of everything that took place.  He had permission from his boss, so no way we would be off the hook for the buyout.  

I would also argue that this will have absolutely zero negative impact on recruiting.  You do realize that kids are wanting to come here to be coached.  What Nebraska did was try to provide extra coaching during a screwed up year- just like a lot of other programs did.  If we were winning, it doesn't even make the news.  

Your third point, however obvious it may be, is correct.  Another losing season would be bad- go figure.

I want Nebraska to win, be it with Frost or anyone else.

We can wish this or that but we can't stick our head in the ground. We will just get more angry when what we try to convince ourselves (let's be honest, we aren't trying to convince anyone else).of something and the opposite happens.

14 minutes ago, Donor said:

Buyout bye-bye

If this doesn't scream "I'm a donor with a say in the matter," I don't know what would. Seems totally legit that someone who has the goods on firing a coach would be on a message board discussing the impending matter - especially if it would involve a legal dispute. 

BTW - *I* am a donor, too. I'd imagine half to two thirds of the folks who post on this board are donors. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1