** 2021 Previews: OWH/LJS HuskerExtra Season Predictions **

2 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

How dare they show the slightest bit of optimism? A new QB and virtual reload at every position while we return a more than serviceable defense for the first time in many years. They should be predicting 70-7.

I know, right? It'd only be the lowest point total we've held them to since 2018, and only the 3rd time holding them under 40 since joining the Big Ten. But maybe this D won't break as much as others, who knows?

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, runningblind said:

We actually get a 2 year break in 22/23 from Ohio State before we get Michigan, Penn State and Ohio State all in 24, with Michigan, Penn State, Wisconsin and Iowa all on the road.

Never Fear: By 2024 - the Big 10 will be trying to adapt to Nebraska.  12-0 Baby:smokin

• Oh Yeah! 2
2 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Admittedly I’ve been hitting the Kool-Aid pretty hard the last couple weeks. I just think now is the time to be at least a little optimistic. It may be the last chance we get if things have not improved.  Lord knows, if that is an ill deserved sentiment, we’ll have plenty of time for pessimism and defeatism later. I just happen to think that maybe we don’t embarrass ourselves against the O teams this year. And I’m even predicting a victory against one of the 3 of Oklahoma, tOSU or Wisconsin…..with a bunch of winning the games we should. And we start with a decisive cover vs Illinois. 3-0 going into Oklahoma could do wonders for this teams confidence, something they’ve been sorely lacking the last 3 years.

I think I am there also. I've started drinking kool-aid, after the longest I've held out in my 36 years I think, because why not. Might as well get on the boat kool aid drunk and enjoy the ride because we're undefeated until were not baby! GBR!

Lil-Jon-All-I-Really-Want-For-Christmas.

• Oh Yeah! 6
1 hour ago, runningblind said:

I think I am there also. I've started drinking kool-aid, after the longest I've held out in my 36 years I think, because why not. Might as well get on the boat kool aid drunk and enjoy the ride because we're undefeated until were not baby! GBR!

5c192d4ad95b6d4aaa153bfb?ops=contain(148

Fill'er up boys and girls. It's Week Zero!!!

7PdS.gif

• Oh Yeah! 8

14 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Admittedly I’ve been hitting the Kool-Aid pretty hard the last couple weeks. I just think now is the time to be at least a little optimistic. It may be the last chance we get if things have not improved.  Lord knows, if that is an ill deserved sentiment, we’ll have plenty of time for pessimism and defeatism later. I just happen to think that maybe we don’t embarrass ourselves against the O teams this year. And I’m even predicting a victory against one of the 3 of Oklahoma, tOSU or Wisconsin…..with a bunch of winning the games we should. And we start with a decisive cover vs Illinois. 3-0 going into Oklahoma could do wonders for this teams confidence, something they’ve been sorely lacking the last 3 years.

I see no reason not to be drinking the kool-aid this morning.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
5 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Big Ten crossover scheduling is amazing. 

Imagine if NU's crossover games this season were Rutgers, MSU and MD

Us fans would be talking about a good shot to go 11-1.

IF we start winning and IF we get back to a point where we are winning the west, it will be interesting to see how this changes.  It's like OSU likes us on their schedule because we are a name brand program that the know they can beat easily.  (we haven't done anything recently to change that view).  So, the Big Ten likes us on their schedule to make them look better.  But, if we start willing the west and our games start getting closer and at least competitive, will they change and not want us on there as much?

• Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

20 hours ago, runningblind said:

We actually get a 2 year break in 22/23 from Ohio State before we get Michigan, Penn State and Ohio State all in 24, with Michigan, Penn State, Wisconsin and Iowa all on the road.

I remember the days, and look forward once again, for us to be excited on the likelihood of winning these type of games and catapulting NU further into Playoff (formerly NC game) conversations.

• Plus1 1
14 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

IF we start winning and IF we get back to a point where we are winning the west, it will be interesting to see how this changes.  It's like OSU likes us on their schedule because we are a name brand program that the know they can beat easily.  (we haven't done anything recently to change that view).  So, the Big Ten likes us on their schedule to make them look better.  But, if we start willing the west and our games start getting closer and at least competitive, will they change and not want us on there as much?

Yeah, but we didn't even get the reach around when we joined the league and we're in the top 25 every year. I don't think we even played Indiana until we were in the league for 6 years and then not again for another 3. But they made sure we played Wisconsin, Michigan, Michigan State, Pen State, and tOSU 3 or 4 times minimum each that first 6 years.

• Plus1 1