Illinois Week Pressers

Mavric

Just now, Toe said:

You wonder if we'll even see a depth chart again in the Frost era at this point. Like why the secrecy? What's there to hide that we don't already know?

I wonder the same.  Maybe to get guys from hitting the portal based on one weeks depth chart.  idk  

Just now, Toe said:

You wonder if we'll even see a depth chart again in the Frost era at this point. Like why the secrecy? What's there to hide that we don't already know?

Yeah, it's a bit weird. I'm not really sure how much I buy the secrecy as a competitive advantage to be honest - is Illinois going to prepare much differently if they know it's Ervin versus Stepp? I'm assuming they'll prepare for both. Injuries I understand a bit more, but I don't really see the issue with publishing a depth chart. 

Only 3 blackshirts in the secondary according to Cam - CTB, Deontai, and Dismuke.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

I don't fully understand the no depth chart either.  I don't buy into the "keeping the peace" or "preventing departures".  The coaches have made it known that the players should know where they stand based on reps in practice the last week or so.  The defense knows at least who the main starters are based on blackshirts.  I don't see a competitive advantage.

Oh well....I guess we will see this Saturday.

13 minutes ago, Husker4Real said:

Is Frost always that abrupt in his news conferences?  Admittedly, I rarely watch them live and usually just get sound bytes.  Today, he appeared gruff and angry at the world.  Every question he answered with a variation of “We’re getting ready to play Saturday”.

No, but with the news of last week, I don't blame him.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1