Illinois Week Pressers

Mavric

1 minute ago, hskrfan4life said:

No, but with the news of last week, I don't blame him.

Like I have said over and over, these guys (all coaches) hate the media and the fans, they get annoyed by all of it, so would I.  It is probably sort of cool at first but that stops really fast.  What we hear from Bo was what all these coaches want to say about the fans and media.  

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, Toe said:

You wonder if we'll even see a depth chart again in the Frost era at this point. Like why the secrecy? What's there to hide that we don't already know?

I have to think we'll never see another depth chart as long as SF is coach which is unfortunate since I always looked forward to seeing who made two deep.

• Plus1 1

29 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

Frost finally did whatever everyone always says he should do and didn't do any coach speak or talk about good practices or provide any quotes and now everyone is mad that Frost was short and seemed angry. 

It's almost as if Frost can't win no matter how he handles press conferences... 

Who is mad?

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

If he keeps cashing the check, maybe he should be happy that the only thing keeping this Football Program relevant is fan support - so answer the questions so I can read articles about the program I love. 

But I think it's precisely because he's really feeling the heat. Things are going really poorly; he's got a .375 winning percentage and some (relatively insignificant yet forefront) stuff is also hitting the fan within two weeks of the first game.

If he starts winning, I don't care what his demeanor is in pressers. I understand that other fans feel differently though.

• Plus1 1

Just had a chance to watch Frost speak to the media and I think some folks try to read too far into too many things...including media members covering the team.  That last part is probably something to do with the "efficiency" of the press conference.  

Honestly, I didn't see or hear anything that was troubling to me.  He wasn't pissed off and yelling, or even anywhere close to it.  He was very succinct with his answers and, to me, may have been trying to set the tone for his team and where he wants their mindset to be - on the game this Saturday.  Entertaining questions from the media related to anything other than Saturday's game only detracts from that mindset.  In the first few answers, he almost seemed like he was holding back a smile....like he knew he was about to "Belichick" this presser.  I can't say that I blame him, especially when everything he says has a tendency to be thrown back in his face.  Perhaps it's just a new strategy. lol

That's just my observation of it.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, Born N Bled Red said:

@ The media, you don't bite the hand that feeds you. After making 3 consecutive coaches loathe you, you would think you would have learned. But then I guess now you can write all the boo hoo, headcoach hates us stories we've seen in the past. Rinse and repeat. 

How dare they ask relevant questions about NCAA Investigations or questions about vaccination rates (something asked to every other coach in the country - and is a point of pride to many).

If this line of questioning is difficult - big time football isn't for him. He can go back to the AAC. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
6 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

@ The media, you don't bite the hand that feeds you. After making 3 consecutive coaches loathe you, you would think you would have learned. But then I guess now you can write all the boo hoo, headcoach hates us stories we've seen in the past. Rinse and repeat. 

Who in the media is saying anything other than "Well, that was abrupt"?

• Plus1 2