Illinois Week Pressers

Mavric

13 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

The guy is paid 5 million a year. Cry me a river.

His job is to do media interviews so stories can be written and reported to the fans.  

If taking questions after being a miserable coach on the field and garnering multiple off-field idiotic moments entirely self created by his own words and actions is difficult, he can donate that salary back to the university. 

If he keeps cashing the check, maybe he should be happy that the only thing keeping this Football Program relevant is fan support - so answer the questions so I can read articles about the program I love. 

Oh, I agree 100%

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

How dare they ask relevant questions about NCAA Investigations or questions about vaccination rates (something asked to every other coach in the country - and is a point of pride to many).

If this line of questioning is difficult - big time football isn't for him. He can go back to the AAC. 

If you want the drama then turn on ESPN, many people prefer to listen to what’s pertinent to football itself. Would you even care what Frost would say or do you just want another reason to complain about him? 

• Plus1 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
21 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

@ The media, you don't bite the hand that feeds you.

I guess I have to disagree with the logic.

The media isn't the hand that feeds Frost...winning games is what keeps feeding him. If he won the West this year, goes 9-3, and gives Ohio State a good game in Indy he could probably say whatever he wanted in pressers.

Pressers = filling time. But all of the talk is cheap, and what happens on that 120 yard long rectangle on Saturdays is really the only thing that matters, in my opinion.

Edit: I misunderstood Born N Bled here.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

1 minute ago, WyoHusker56 said:

Mad probably isn't the right way to characterize it, but they all want to make it out to be some big thing. 

Everyone I have seen has just commented on how Frost was abrupt today; no editorializing past that. I was wondering if I was missing some reaction by someone beyond that. 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Undone said:

The media isn't the hand that feeds Frost...winning games is what keeps feeding him. If he won the West this year, goes 9-3, and gives Ohio State a good game in Indy he could probably say whatever he wanted in pressers.

Pressers = filling time. But all of the talk is cheap, and what happens on that 120 yard long rectangle on Saturdays is really the only thing that matters, in my opinion.

I believe, @Undone, he was saying that Frost is the one who feeds the media...as in, his answers/statements generate a decent amount of their content.  

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, Savage Husker said:

If you want the drama then turn on ESPN, many people prefer to listen to what’s pertinent to football itself. Would you even care what Frost would say or do you just want another reason to complain about him? 

I think vaccination rates of the team is pertinent considering the announcement today from the B1G that teams unable to compete due to COVID will forfeit the game. 

Again, these are not gotcha questions being asked. They're being asked to every coach in the country.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
5 minutes ago, Undone said:

You misunderstand. Frost and Husker football is the hand that feeds Nebraska sportswriters. Not the otherwise around. Last week they all wanted to play the "gotcha" game with Frost. This week they wanted him to shower them with puppies and kittens so they could write all their game week stories. He didn't play along. I wouldn't have either. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I think vaccination rates of the team is pertinent considering the announcement today from the B1G that teams unable to compete due to COVID will forfeit the game. 

Again, these are not gotcha questions being asked. They're being asked to every coach in the country.

Frost has already given an answer to the vaccination rare question.

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

^I think this what people are looking for. Straight forward answer, so we can move on. "We feel good about it" is a non answer and like it or not, people are gonna keep asking. 

• Plus1 4
4 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

You're framing this like he's mad because he doesn't think vaccination rates are relevant. He's asked a question about vaccination rates. He says someone else will speak about it later in the week. Then he's asked if HE wants to talk about vaccinations. Then he gives the clippy answer.

It was a redundant question and he got annoyed. He should know that's part of the media's job and not react that way, but this isn't him saying vaccines don't matter.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
18 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Everyone I have seen has just commented on how Frost was abrupt today; no editorializing past that. I was wondering if I was missing some reaction by someone beyond that. 

No surprise from Mitch Sherman, but he said something about it could be "something or nothing." Sam said it was "brisk and blunt." I saw someone else say something about it being a "frosty" interview. Then the comments one everything are full of people fighting about what it means. All the comments from media I have seen make it into more of something than I thought it was. People being mad and fighting is just referring to random internet fans. 

• Haha 1